mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I have the GlucoRX Nexus monitor which seems fine. I've been using it for 5 months or so. Decided to use the control solution today for the first time. Same bottle within 2 mins I got following readings:
Question, what should the control read and why would the readings be different ? Thanks ! Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

Anonymous

Re: GlucoRX Nexus

mo1905 said:
I have the GlucoRX Nexus monitor which seems fine. I've been using it for 5 months or so. Decided to use the control solution today for the first time. Same bottle within 2 mins I got following readings:
Question, what should the control read and why would the readings be different ? Thanks ! Mo

The reading for the control should be printed on the box/bottle and it will be a range. As for the different readings, you will probably get lots of answers, but did you use a clean reciprocal for the control sample and did you wipe/wash it with anything that may have contaminated it inbetween the two tests?

A

Anonymous

gezzathorpe said:
mo1905 said:

The reading for the control should be printed on the box/bottle and it will be a range. As for the different readings, you will probably get lots of answers, but did you use a clean reciprocal for the control sample and did you wipe/wash it with anything that may have contaminated it inbetween the two tests?

PS, according to my meter instructions (different make), the implication is that the two readings will not necessarily be identical, although there is a bit of a difference in your case. My suggestion is that, provided both readings are within the quoted range, continue to monitor your blood but contact the company for advice. If you have an upcoming GP/DN visit, take your monitor with you. It may be possible for them to do a test with their monitor (if possible) and compare the result with a test by you at the same time.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Nice idea to take monitor with me next hospital visit. I'm there next month. They were both in desired range and I don't think there was contamination but I guess it's a possibility. I think I just assumed it would be a set figure, like 7 for pH for example. Thanks for your reply, all makes sense ;-)

A

Anonymous

mo1905 said:
Nice idea to take monitor with me next hospital visit. I'm there next month. They were both in desired range and I don't think there was contamination but I guess it's a possibility. I think I just assumed it would be a set figure, like 7 for pH for example. Thanks for your reply, all makes sense ;-)

No problem. A quick call or email to the maker's site may help allay any worries in the meantime. Good luck with your next visit.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

sorry im confused , i have the same monitor and thought that that stuff in the bottle was for cleaning your finger, as it obviously isnt whats it for please?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

First time I've used it Andy but it is a test solution to ensure your monitor is reading accurately, or at least within certain boundaries. You need to read users manual, P18 mate. It actually says this should be done weekly !! First time in 5 months for me.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

ahhh ok thanks.....errr did you say read the manual??? wow thats a novel idea :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Andy12345 said:
ahhh ok thanks.....errr did you say read the manual??? wow thats a novel idea :)

Hence the 5 month wait :oops:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

lol, ive had an idea ill get the missus to read it to me therefore maintaining my stoopidly male persona :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Andy12345 said:
lol, ive had an idea ill get the missus to read it to me therefore maintaining my stoopidly male persona :)

Nice idea ! We all know that real men don't read manuals, instructions of any sort or ask for directions ;-)