Glucose drinks

livitridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wanted to know if this sounds right
Again last night I had another can of rockstar (full sugar) it's like lucozade. Without insulin.
I tested and my Bs was 24!!! I gave a little bit of insulin, like 1 unit. And then had 2 slices of bread.
Later on about an hour later I gave another unit, and went to bed.
I was convinced my blood sugar would be very high in the morning, but it was 10.9. Despite giving very little insulin and eating 2 slices of bread... My nasal rates are not high over night. 0.50 units an hour, and then from 8.00am onwards I have 1,40 U an hour. I woke up at 12 today as I'm ill with a cold. Do you think it's my basal or is there something wrong with me?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You don't want to be drinking full sugar drinks no matter what your postprandial bg readings are, they are unhealthy and not good for someone with diabetes.

If you have a cold livitridge then follow the DAFNE Sick Day Rules, hope your feeling better soon.

Reactions: 2 people

dan12321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why would you drink a full can of rockstar energy drink without insulin? What did you expect would happen lol, if youre going to drink sugary drinks at least cover it with insulin, but i wouldnt advise them at all really, your basal probably dealt with the excess sugar, maybe because your sick you havnt been eating much so you wouldnt have needed as much basal, and that excess basal dealt with the sugar in your blood, also i dont know how long you've been diabetic but maybe your still in the honeymoon period?

Reactions: 2 people