Glyburide

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
My M.D. added Glyburide to the Metformin I'm taking. It really keeps my BG low. The hypos are crummy though as I'm over weight and reluctant to increase my meal size or adding carbohydrates, especially.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
My M.D. added Glyburide to the Metformin I'm taking. It really keeps my BG low. The hypos are crummy though as I'm over weight and reluctant to increase my meal size or adding carbohydrates, especially.
If it's causing a lot of hypos, doesn't that mean you need to reduce the dose?

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
Thanks, they don't happen all that often. My doctor warned me of them as did my pharmacist.

Reactions: 2 people

Malsange

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
does anyone here take Ramipril? It has also been called Altace.
I always recommend this to people, as it helps with protecting the organs from too much sugar.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
does anyone here take Ramipril? It has also been called Altace.
I always recommend this to people, as it helps with protecting the organs from too much sugar.
Ramipril treats high blood pressure and protects the kidneys from BP related damage. If there is too much blood sugar then that should be addressed separately.