Glycemic load - Excel spreadsheet

garrycrone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Whilst doing some research to get my head around GI and GL (having swapped arborio rice for pearl barley in a risotto and got a good result with my bsl) decided to google pearl barley and after a few links came across this. I found this webpage which lists the GL of a lot of basic foods. It is very user friendly and helpful. mendosa.com/GI_GL_Carb_data.xls#'All foods'!A968. :mrgreen:

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Garry,

David Mendosa is a diabetic and a well known writer on the subject, although he has no medical qualifications. His work is highly respected in the US and he is a regular contributor of articles to the American Diabetes Association, the New York Times, etc.

You might also be interested in this link which is to a similar GI list produced by BUPA so contains more UK foods and brands than on the Mendosa shreadsheet.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_informatio ... table.html

Edit.16/12/2009 This link no longer works.
cugila
Moderator.

nmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The BUPA webpage linked above no longer exists, does anyone have a copy of the information which was available here ?

Alternatively if anyone has any other sources for the GI values for UK based food brands I'd be interested in that.