Going low carb - book recommnendations please

M

Member34835

Finally a clinician has said that going low carb may help me control my Type 1 diabetes better (less margin for error when calculating dosage) hence I am keen to give it a serious try and want to drop to 75g. per day. Before I venture onto Amazon can anyone recommend me a good recipe book? Or any book as I am a little daunted by the prospect at present but do believe I'll feel better for it!

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dr richard Bernsteins diabetes solution for info about low carbing and the benefits (he is a type 1 diabetic).

This is a really informative book.

The low-carb gourmet by Karen barnaby is supposed to be good for low carb recipes.

Good luck!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i agree with the dr bernstein book, for recipes i have bought several but they are american and its sometimes hard to get all the ingredients i find the internet the best place, the forum recipe thread is cool too, ewelinas blog is great and anything Whitbyjet has posted is also terrific

wena1958

Nicola Graimes The big Low Carb Book 365 Recipes can buy on Amazon. I read the reviews & ordered the Book. Newly diagnosed 2 weeks ago running out of ideas on what to eat. Brilliant book I am now going to focus on what I can eat rather than foods I can't.

M

Member34835

Thanks guys - I have got the 365 low carb recipes and another which had good reviews.... I now remember that I do have a copy of Dr Bernstein but find his recommendations too low carb because I exercise a lot and can't imagine going without my toast or porridge just yet....So baby steps first. Am making some gluten (but no carb) less brownies this morning so will let you know how they turn out...