Good evening

titchy_lou

Evening all, thought I'd join this forum! I'm 24, was diagnosed with type 1.5 September2011. I've been on numerous tablets, but started insulin this week. It's not made much difference yet.would be interested to hear how long it took you all to get your medication sorted. Also interested to meet any other type 1.5 people! :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome,I know there are a few type 1.5's on the forum, hopefully they will see your post and can offer you some advice and support.

Best wishes RRB

BobCornelius

Hi titchy_lou, and welcome!

You'll find all kinds of good folk and experience here!

I too started off on tablets, now on insulin. To start with, all was good, then it went wonky again, back on track again now!

:)

Bob

titchy_lou

Hey there! I'm not quite type 1 because my body produces a tiny amount of insulin, but I'm not quite type 2, I actually can't remember why they said I'm not solely type 2. So confused!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

titchy_lou

BobCornelius said:
Hi titchy_lou, and welcome!

You'll find all kinds of good folk and experience here!

I too started off on tablets, now on insulin. To start with, all was good, then it went wonky again, back on track again now!

Bob
How long we're you on tablets before you changed to insulin? It's taken a year and a half, and a dozen different tablets for me to be put on insulin!

BobCornelius

I was diagnosed in 2010, tablets of all kinds, basal insulin (lantus) in mid 2012, bolus insulin late 2012 and basal Levemir instead of Lantus in 2013.

I too still produce some insulin, randomly! Really messes up my calculations sometimes! I count carbs, and inject accordingly. I sometimes wonder if certain foods cause natural insulin production?

Bob

titchy_lou

BobCornelius said:
I was diagnosed in 2010, tablets of all kinds, basal insulin (lantus) in mid 2012, bolus insulin late 2012 and basal Levemir instead of Lantus in 2013.

I too still produce some insulin, randomly! Really messes up my calculations sometimes! I count carbs, and inject accordingly. I sometimes wonder if certain foods cause natural insulin production?

Bob
What type are you then? Apologies for all the questions, just no one usually replies to me :)

I've not even begun counting carbs or anything, I'm just 4 units basal, but I don't think that's enough.