Good news for Januvia.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Snap!
One of the few DB drugs taken that I had no side effects from and has helped level out my lows and highs

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the link. I've been on Januvia for a few months now and it has noticeably smoothed out my BS spikes which Met & Glic weren't doing very well. I've had no side effects after the first few days of headaches. I'm waiting to see what my next Hba1c is.

Unbeliever

catherinecherub said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh ye of little faith.

Hardly surprising when all I had heard previously was that noone knew the longterm effects but it was suspected of causing thyroid cancer! :!: :!: :!:

calisto51

Didn't work for me all i ended up with was chest infections one after another, came off it haven't had one since and that was two years ago

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dr has put me on Januvia today to try for 8 weeks. Hba1c is 7.6 down from 7.9 but still not as good as before. If it does not come down much more or I dont feel better it will then be time for insulin at last.
Friar tuck

Unbeliever

Were you experiencing unexpected spikes in your levels Friar tuck? Januvia is paricularly good in that situation.

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes Unbeliever. Ridiculous highs after breakfast then getting lower thru the day.

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Second day and fasting bs is 7.3 compared to usual 9-12. Lot lower thru the day as well