1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Good news for Januvia.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by catherinecherub, Jul 11, 2011.

1. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

2. Unbeliever

Unbeliever · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good tidings catherinecherub! Because it works for me I keep expecting some bad news to turn up.

3. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Oh ye of little faith.

4. bowell

bowell · Well-Known Member

Snap!
    One of the few DB drugs taken that I had no side effects from and has helped level out my lows and highs

5. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Thanks for the link. I've been on Januvia for a few months now and it has noticeably smoothed out my BS spikes which Met & Glic weren't doing very well. I've had no side effects after the first few days of headaches. I'm waiting to see what my next Hba1c is.

6. Unbeliever

Hardly surprising when all I had heard previously was that noone knew the longterm effects but it was suspected of causing thyroid cancer! :!: :!: :!:

7. calisto51

calisto51 · Active Member

Didn't work for me all i ended up with was chest infections one after another, came off it haven't had one since and that was two years ago

8. friar tuck

friar tuck Type 2 · Active Member

Dr has put me on Januvia today to try for 8 weeks. Hba1c is 7.6 down from 7.9 but still not as good as before. If it does not come down much more or I dont feel better it will then be time for insulin at last.
    Friar tuck

9. Unbeliever

Were you experiencing unexpected spikes in your levels Friar tuck? Januvia is paricularly good in that situation.

10. friar tuck

Yes Unbeliever. Ridiculous highs after breakfast then getting lower thru the day.

11. lj1921

lj1921 Type 2 · Active Member

Dr has put me on Januvia today to try for 3 Months. Hba1c is 9(75)

12. friar tuck

Second day and fasting bs is 7.3 compared to usual 9-12. Lot lower thru the day as well

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook