Good news from the local health centre

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Had to go and see the Clinical Pharmacist at my local GP'S today about my blood pressure, while I was there we had a discussion about all my drugs. I told her I was following a low carb program and aiming to keep my carbs under 120 gms per day. As a result of this my blood sugars have dropped a lot, she pulled up all my results as a graph and I pointed out that all the drops where when I had reduced either sugar or carbs and not a lot to do with metformin. She agreed straight away to cut my dose in half. With another review in 3 months with a view to further reductions so long as my BG is still going down.
What a result I'm so pleased I've asked both the DN and GP to do this before with no luck. Today someone listened. She also cut my statin dose in half.

Reactions: DCUKMod

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Excellent. Well done.

Reactions: kitedoc

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Had to go and see the Clinical Pharmacist at my local GP'S today about my blood pressure, while I was there we had a discussion about all my drugs. I told her I was following a low carb program and aiming to keep my carbs under 120 gms per day. As a result of this my blood sugars have dropped a lot, she pulled up all my results as a graph and I pointed out that all the drops where when I had reduced either sugar or carbs and not a lot to do with metformin. She agreed straight away to cut my dose in half. With another review in 3 months with a view to further reductions so long as my BG is still going down.
What a result I'm so pleased I've asked both the DN and GP to do this before with no luck. Today someone listened. She also cut my statin dose in half.

Great news.

Reactions: kitedoc