Good news today Type 2 Diagnosed 5th Jan 2016

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, had my appointment with the diabetic nurse today I was diagnosed 5th January 2016 with a BG reading of 19.3 [had flu at the time.] Put on Metformin 500mg 1daily for first week increased now to 2 daily. Dieting lots of willpower only excercise minding grandchildren. Now 5 weeks on BG reading this morning 6.9 before breakfast, today 2hrs after dinner tonight 5.8.
Weight 5th January 78kg = 12st 4 lbs.
Weight today 2nd February 74.6 = 11st 10lbs.
Wanted to share this with you all as I am over the moon it has been hard work and taken its toll with the highs and low cravings but getting there in the end. What I really want to say is thank you to everyone on this fantastic website for your support, I don't know how I would have coped only for all the help from you all, because nobody told me much only to eat healthy and cut out all sugars. Thank you all.:):happy::D

Reactions: 6 people

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Hi all, had my appointment with the diabetic nurse today I was diagnosed 5th January 2016 with a BG reading of 19.3 [had flu at the time.] Put on Metformin 500mg 1daily for first week increased now to 2 daily. Dieting lots of willpower only excercise minding grandchildren. Now 5 weeks on BG reading this morning 6.9 before breakfast, today 2hrs after dinner tonight 5.8.
Wanted to share this with you all as I am over the moon it has been hard work and taken its toll with the highs and low cravings but getting there in the end. What I really want to say is thank you to everyone on this fantastic website for your support, I don't know how I would have coped only for all the help from you all, because nobody told me much only to eat healthy and cut out all sugars. Thank you all.:):happy::D
Well done, keep doing what you're doing. Don't forget to keep an eye on your carbs, not just sugar (which is a carb).

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thank you DavidGrahamjones I will do that not had any rice or pasta since being diagnosed. Had a jacket potato once. :D

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you DavidGrahamjones I will do that not had any rice or pasta since being diagnosed. Had a jacket potato once. :D
I have found that swapping to sweet potatoes has helped me. I use them mainly baked, but can use them in casseroles. They don't mash, so my family uses cauli mash instead.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I have found that swapping to sweet potatoes has helped me. I use them mainly baked, but can use them in casseroles. They don't mash, so my family uses cauli mash instead.
Hi Oldvatr Someone else told me about sweet potato I put mine in the microwave delicious! The cauliflower mash sounds good.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Oldvatr Someone else told me about sweet potato I put mine in the microwave delicious! The cauliflower mash sounds good.
Cauli mash is excellent. My whole family find it great, even the kids, We had it with our Xmas dinner,,,,,, The LC recipes are quite amazing, and the LC Pizza is brilliant.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant. Congratulations.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I want to say a HUGE Well Done @amgrundy. I know how hard you've worked over the past month. You are an absolute star and deserve your low BG readings Hurrah! X

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
That's nice from you 13lizanne you are very kind.:)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Very well done,its a good and happy place to be amongst those who know whats good for t2 and the encouragement provided