Goodness me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaShape

Dislikes
DIABETES
Has anyone seen this, it is about this forum here?

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2011/05/jimmy-moore-talks-to-eddie-mitchell.html

Totally confused now.

Kathy

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
What is it you are confused about, how someone can be so full of hate and spite towards this forum?

Yes I agree it is confusing isn't it? :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sid Bonkers said:
What is it you are confused about, how someone can be so full of hate and spite towards this forum?

Yes I agree it is confusing isn't it? :lol:

If it's the guy I'm thinking of he has done his best to cause trouble and spread wicked lies about DCUK, its members and staff and all those who disagree with his views, a nasty little character if ever there was one!

Nigel

raydavies

Kathy, you will not find a balanced view on this forum. If you don't toe the party line, you get banned.

Just see how long this post stays up.

Ray

ally5555

ah back over here now the other forum has closed .

You get banned from here for being rude, aggressive, smutty and offensive .

And yes that person you referred to was exactly that to alot of people!

There are some very nice people here and there were on the low carb forum but some people cannot help themselves so they create a blog of their own to hide behind.

PastaShape

Dislikes
DIABETES
Ray
I don't know what you mean, why do you want to ban me? I have asked a genunine question, I don't normally post, I am no troublemaker to anyone.
Kathy

ally5555

take no notice - the only reason some people were banned was because of the aggressive nature of their posts . They were banned and carried it on at another forum!

We cannot all agree but some people cannot deal with that.

I have had enough flak form a few people - I am a Dietitian by the way and not a diabetic.

Ally

PastaShape

Dislikes
DIABETES
Thank you ally5555
I am in tears now, obviously I have inadvertedly causes some upheaval.
Kathy

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
PastaShape said:
Ray
I don't know what you mean, why do you want to ban me? I have asked a genunine question, I don't normally post, I am no troublemaker to anyone.
Kathy

Ray's comment was not aimed at you Kathy, dont worry about it. Because this forum doesn't just advocate one way of doing things he thinks that is an unbalanced view for some reason. I would say that a very balanced view myself :D

Read through the forum you will find members here who advocate the Atkins diet, The Bernstein way, the GI/GL way and many others that mix and match and for the most part we all get along fine, most here would agree that if your diet works for you then thats fine, but some seem to think everyone has to do it their way and if anyone dares to try any other way, they throw their toys out of the pram like Mr Mitchell on the video.

ally5555

Kathy

I do not know what happens to people on forums - they can say what they like about you - best to ignore it.

I wonder how they got their kicks before the internet!

Ally

C

catherinecherub

Mr. Mitchell has recently helped to bring a low car forum to it's knees after he was asked to leave because of his attitude so it is obviously not about low carbing. Some of us here know the lengths he will go to to be heard and they are not all pleasant. There were some really nice people on the low carb forum and they are without a forum at the moment. Seems he is self serving amongst other things.

He was banned from here and then asked to leave the next forum he joined and so he has started a blog to malign people who stood up to him. Would you want him on your Christmas Card list?

This forum accepts all diabetics regardless of their dietary persuasions and long may it continue.
The rules here are clear for everyone to see and there is a lot of interaction between all of us. There are debates here and they can get heated but unless you cross the line and attack the poster instead of their views, you are welcome to your opinions.

Tyke

I am a peace loving person but I cannot stand by and watch someone be vilified who only deserves praise in my eyes, (yes I still have them due to the intervention of Eddie Mitchell). I know that without his help, I, like many others would have been on a quick path to misery, certainly if I had followed the non existent advice of my 'HCPs', (although I realise that there are some very enlightened ones, just not in my neck of the woods).
Mr Mitchell is passionate about something which works, it is true that some find the concept of lowcarb difficult, even scary but in my case fantastic numbers and great food more than made up for the loss of boring pap such as bread and pasta in my diet (apologies Kathy - interesting name by the way).
Each to his or her own but don't knock something which works and someone who is not self seeking or interested in profit, but in helping people to have healthy, happy, long, lives.
By the way, I have no financial interest or ties to Mr Mitchell in any way, just believe in freedom of speech and justice, after all we are a democracy.
I truly hope that this post will not be removed. You will see that I am not someone who makes frequent posts but could not stand by and listen to a character assassination of a man who has gone out of his way to help so many achieve safe bg numbers as well as excellent health.
Well said Mr Mitchell, thanks for pointing out the interview on the blog by the way Kathy.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Tyke said:
You will see that I am not someone who makes frequent posts but could not stand by and listen to a character assassination of a man who has gone out of his way to help so many achieve safe bg numbers as well as excellent health.

Well well well .......you obviously don't know Mr Mitchell very well! :( He has ridiculed, slandered and bullied many members on this forum from far away, I do hope he's lasted rant doesn't effect the smooth running of this forum as he is bitterly annoyed that everyone is so helpful to one-another on here and the advice given has helped turned people's lives around.

Nigel

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is what the owner of the low carb diabetes forum, not this one, one specifically set up to support people who adopt a low carb diet for diabetes when he eventually banned Eddie.
"It seems to me that you want me to ban you and seem to have been pushing for that for a while now. I will reluctantly give in. I say reluctantly as it will only serve to reinforce your delusion as some sort of revolutionary. It pains me, but I really do not want to be associated with you or your vitriol anymore. I am sure you will be over the moon about this as it will give you plenty of material for your new blog. You can play martyr all over again. Good luck with it all!"
Eddie and his ego in the form of sockpuppets caused animosity and distress to individuals on this forum . He has subsequently been involved in blogs which insult and ridicule members of this forum, including one that was so inflamatory that even he had second thoughts and shut it down.
He has made capital over an incident with this doctor but
a) I have known 2 doctors (including the present case) come into the forum 'all guns blazing'. They both appear to have been asked to verify their credentials. (check out DrWs blog). That seems reasonable. If someone appeals to the authority of their qualifications, then we should at least know they are valid. The doctor this happened to on a precious occasion was someone who opposed low carb diets.
b) Dr Ws views are controversial and he brought them to the fore very quickly ie ketosis and pregnancy.

There are people on this thread who obviously care little about this forum, so away from here one calls the moderators fascists, that person obviously shares an agenda with E... well if you think that, why stay here?
Actually, I dont always agree with what's said by the moderators and some other members, but I am able to support my views and give them politely. I certainly dont't feel threatened but I did feel threatened by E. I belonged to this forum once under another name and because of the bullying by him and as I now know his alteregos, left this forum depressed and unhappy.
I rejoined later under another name...and it's made be very careful to support everything I say with evidence.(so that's why I bore everyone!)

Tyke

I share no 'agenda' if that refers to me, other stating a fact that Eddie Mitchell has helped me and countless others to achieve safe BG numbers and if he can continue to help others to safe BG levels and improved general health, why should he not do so.
I am glad that I received personal help rather than cut and paste advice when I was diagnosed. I am aware that there are some very caring people on this site, but I do feel that people, in particular the newly diagnosed should be given a fuller picture re. lowcarb and its wider benefits for diabetics.
Just because people don't always post it doesn't mean they don't care, just that they also may feel threatened by some of the anti lowcarbers on here.

Peace and lowcarb love to all!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tyke, my reference to someone with another agenda was not to you but to a commentator on the video who has also take part in this thread.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tyke said:
Just because people don't always post it doesn't mean they don't care, just that they also may feel threatened by some of the anti lowcarbers on here.

Can you tell me who these anti low carbers are please because all I see on here is people saying the best way to reduce blood glucose levels is to reduce carb intake. I have never ever, not even once, in two years read any post on this forum that proposed a high carb diet as a good idea.

I have no doubt that Mr Mitchells diet has worked for him, neither am I in any doubt that my diet has worked for me and I hope we both have long complication free lives :D

What I dont need is him blogging that I am "Bonkers by name and bonkers by nature"*, I may not be the most intelligent man on the planet and never have I claimed to be, but I can assure you and Mr Mitchell that I am far from bonkers. It is a shame that some people have to resort to name calling and worse just because someone may not totally agree with their point of view, its really quite sad IMHO.

phoenix said:
and it's made be very careful to support everything I say with evidence.(so that's why I bore everyone!)

You've never bored me phoenix, I always read your posts with interest and value your comments as I'm sure other do as well.

* If you should read this Mr Mitchell don't feel flattered that I read your blog, someone just sent me the link, I have no interest in your rantings.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Sid Bonkers said:
Tyke said:

Can you tell me who these anti low carbers are please because all I see on here is people saying the best way to reduce blood glucose levels is to reduce carb intake. I have never ever, not even once, in two years read any post on this forum that proposed a high carb diet as a good idea.

I am not an "anti-low carber", in fact, if it helps anyone to take control of their diabetes I am all for it but truth be told, I hope I never ever get to a stage where I might have no choice but to follow a low-carb, hi-fat diet. I don't like [too much] fat and prefer to eat a wider choices of food in moderate portions, small enough to keep my BG to normal levels and big enough so that I don't feel hungry all the time.

If I do one day decide to low carb then first of all it'll be low fat as well but more importantly it'll only be because I want to, at my own pace, not because someone tried to force me into it by scaring me half to death.

Personally, I find the rantings and insults in blogs such as the one this thread is about very childish, the owners of such blogs must be craving for attention and recognition. They must be very desperate for people to look up to them as their "saviour". :roll:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ka-Mon said:
I am not an "anti-low carber", in fact, if it helps anyone to take control of their diabetes I am all for it but truth be told, I hope I never ever get to a stage where I might have no choice but to follow a low-carb, hi-fat diet. I don't like [too much] fat and prefer to eat a wider choices of food in moderate portions, small enough to keep my BG to normal levels and big enough so that I don't feel hungry all the time.

Pretty much my position Ka-Mon, very well put :D

HappyCrack

What a load of tosh!.

I am a committed low carber, have been for over 3years; I do not follow Bernstein or any other oracle to the letter, I have devised my own diet to suit me and my diabetic control is excellent.
I don't need any scare tactics or abuse in any shape or form. I have over the years read many fora on a regular basis, picked out the best bits, left the rest.
No need to slate dietitians, my dietitian initially taken aback at my decision to ingest no more than 30g of carbs per day was supportive and advised which foods to eat to ensure I still get all nutrients in order to stay healthy. It was a learning curve for her too, we worked as a team, not as enemies.
Ka-Mon you are so right, how you decide to deal with your diabetes is personal choice, you should be left to get on with it.
I have read Eddie Mitchell's blog, personal vendetta it is, full of aggression, aggression in his voice.
personal comments removed
This forum survived by sheer numbers, the lowcarbdiabetes forum sadly did not, there were some good posts in there, Eddie Mitchell was banned but the seeds of destruction were planted and allowed to fester by his disciples.
I hope this forum doesn't come to any harm, it is one of the best there is. Thank you to all members, special thanks to Sid Bonkers, Catherinecherub, Cugila, noblehead, ally5555, you are good people.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.