got my medtronic yesterday insulin in next week

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
The only thing that's stumped me so far is im hypo just now 3.2 but been feeding my data into the pump so I know I have 1.5 units of insulin still working from my pen,do you suspend the pump until blood is back to 5-6 or just leave it running ? is their a function to make the pump or countour link blood tester beep in 15 mins as I was using the accu-chek Aviva expert to test for the last year + and it had a function where if my blood was to low or high it used to beep as a reminder to retest , ive got no hypo awareness and short term memory loss so this function on the last tester was a god send :) hope someone can help, or the nurse might go over this next week im unsure , as I thought things went so fast yest and forgot lots of little questions I had, she seamed more bothered on how I was getting a years worth of stock home on the bus ! (1 rucksack full 2 carrier bags and a box later ) I made it the 35mile home without help !

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Occasionally, If it's a bad hypo I sometimes suspend my pump for half an hour or so - this is just what I've got used to doing now. If it's borderline hypo and the glucose bring sugars back up quickly then I just take the recommended 15g glucose and keep the pump running as it is. Good luck with it - I'm sure you'll really like it in time. I've got a Medtronic pump too :) I'm not sure about the 15 minute beep reminder - I'll see of I can find out for you. I've got mine to beep 2 hours after a meal and I know it keeps beeping intermittently until I manually stop it.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The DSNs told us not to reduce or suspend basal during a hypo, even a bad one, because there's a delay of an hour or so? before the insulin gets into your bloodstream. So suspending basal doesn't help at the time and sets you up for a worse rebound high after the hypo. So they said, just treat the hypo, leave the pump alone. I think that's good advice. We don't need extra things to worry about during a hypo.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App