GP won't give me a testing kit

Eurydice333

Dislikes
my complete lack of motivation about anything.
I've asked/mentioned to my GP on several occasions that i would like to have a testing kit so i know what's okay to eat basically. He keeps telling me I don't need one, but i think i do. what should i do?

The nurse and dietician just take the mick, ie. they clearly don't care. I asked my nurse what my results were and she wouldn't tell me properly, she'd just say they were fine.

Are they telling the truth, am i being paranoid? I honestly don't trust them.

(By the way i'm type 2 and 18 years old.)

Eurydice333

Dislikes
howie said:
just order a free one, you only get 10 free strips though, use them wisely lol.

http://www.mediconire.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=207

your docs and nurses are d***s, get new ones or try being more assertive.

howie

I agree, they are.

I think i'm going to see them one more time, and like 'demand' a kit, if they say no, then i'll probably leave that surgery because i've had enough of them anyway, they keep giving me the wrong things for my psoriasis too, they gave me a strong steroid cream (for arms and legs) to use on my scalp :(.

Yeah i think i will order the free kit :) thanks for that link.

Jo123

With regard to your results, have you asked at reception for a print out of your results. In my opinion they are essential to know what it happening to your body.
I only have impaired fasting bg and I bought a meter off the internet for a fiver.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You have a RIGHT to your test results Remind them of that. Their idea of all right often isn't good enough.

Eurydice333

Dislikes
I'll definitely be more outspoken at my next appointment.
I can be a bit shy sometimes >.<

Thanks for putting me right people :)

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Today I became the proud owner of a freestyle lite.... how keep argueing the toss with them...That is how I have done it ....women can nag I have worn them down with my nagging and I dont care ok admittedly I have limited strips but its a start :lol: