Greetings

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everybody

I have just registered and this is my first post, please be gentle!

I have been Type 1 Diabetic for 45 years now, and am a great animal lover, as well as other hobbies.
I have five brothers and sisters, including a twin, non of whom are diabetic, I was the first in our family's history - lucky me!! :roll:

I have been married for ten years and at this precise time own one dog, an Irish Setter, six Jenny donkeys and five laying hens. My husband owns a cat and two horses, so we are busy people! :crazy:

I have just started recovering from anorexia with bulimic tendencies, and thought I would see if anybody else has been through this, maybe you can offer help or we can just discuss the problems it causes.

Enough for now, I am off to have a good brows through the forum.
:wave:
I look forward to chatting.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
My Sister was anorexic and it is one of the hardest things to watch for a relative. She got down to 43kg and is 5'6". She can talk about it now and even though the problem seems to be about food it was actually about having control over a particular area of life. Even though food is not an issue now it would be safe to say my sister is an exercise junkie. It is certainly a better choice than starvation but a symptom of dealing with the stress that life throws at us.

Don't know how you managed with diabetes. Did you have some massive hypos or were you running very high to improve weight loss.

Hope you keep tackling life and can find a bit of balance. Love donkeys and even though I had horses as a teenager and young adult they are a part of my past that just doesn't fit with my current situation. I currently have 1 goldfish! (used to have more but the one that is left did some fatal damage to the other's.)

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew, found my way back finally - must 'Favourite' this Forum.

No, I didn't use my diabetes to aid weight loss, as I often get asked. I would not like to feel ill as high BM's make you feel, or want to highten the risk of complications. Not many hypos either, just lots of careful management.

Gosh - don't I sound good? Not so

My husband has been so good, and we both know I still have a long way to go.
I was anorexic 18 years ago, but did not get too bad, and recovered uickly. At that time I got laughed out of a diabetic clinic because my Hbaic was perfect for a non diabetic.

Thanks for replying. Looking at your Signature, looks like you have poorly son, hope you cope OK. I bet he is the most adorable little kid :D a

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I suppose very little food, very little insulin - you would have a good hba1c. Many on this forum low carb and get similar results. I suppose it just depends of how to balance a diet to get everything your body needs without too many calories.

My son is quite well at the moment. He is impaired mentally and physically and T1 and the thyroid problem need monitoring. He can be very adorable but he has his moments like all kids.