Type 1 Groin pain/extreme fatigue....Potential endometriosis...no official diagnosis

Rianna0210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,
Since October last year I have been experiencing abdominal pain which I believe could be IBS. At the end of March I started to get dull aching pains way before my periods were due to start so I know they are not related to my menstrual cycle. I also started to get sharp shooting pains in my groin area and hip (which started a few days ago). I’ve been Type one Diabetic since 2014 and sugars have been quite high as I have struggled to get them under control due o stress. I saw my diabetic nurse in April and we are now on track to gaining better control. I have been to the doctors about this all but it is taking a long time to get a diagnosis. I have had blood tests which have all come back normal and I have an ultrasound next week. I’m absolutely exhausted and feel drained all the time even after resting. Since my period this month the pain has started up really badly again since finishing and I am on codeine to control the pain... however, it only really takes the edge off.I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this... thinking it could be endometriosis?if anyone has any advice/explanations I would be very grateful!!!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Can only tell you that my partner has been experiencing something similar. Her scan showed fibroids, a slightly less serious condition.

Reactions: Rianna0210

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,
Since October last year I have been experiencing abdominal pain which I believe could be IBS. At the end of March I started to get dull aching pains way before my periods were due to start so I know they are not related to my menstrual cycle. I also started to get sharp shooting pains in my groin area and hip (which started a few days ago). I’ve been Type one Diabetic since 2014 and sugars have been quite high as I have struggled to get them under control due o stress. I saw my diabetic nurse in April and we are now on track to gaining better control. I have been to the doctors about this all but it is taking a long time to get a diagnosis. I have had blood tests which have all come back normal and I have an ultrasound next week. I’m absolutely exhausted and feel drained all the time even after resting. Since my period this month the pain has started up really badly again since finishing and I am on codeine to control the pain... however, it only really takes the edge off.I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this... thinking it could be endometriosis?if anyone has any advice/explanations I would be very grateful!!!

I used to have pain such as you describe from ovarian cysts. Ovarian cysts aren't routinely of huge concern, and apparently a good percentage of women have them, but the yjust spontaneously pop and resolve themselves. They get a bit more concerned about cysts in more mature ladies - around menopause age, because sometimes they don't burst and resolve, and also they can turn a bit a bit tricky at that time of life.

Have you had an ultrasound scan as yet? That would usually show up cysts in situ.

Please go back and see your Doc again. Dr Google is fantastic, but can also be unhelpful, if we start latching onto something. Stuff like vague, but acute pains could be due to a whole load of stuff.

Reactions: Rianna0210

Rianna0210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used to have pain such as you describe from ovarian cysts. Ovarian cysts aren't routinely of huge concern, and apparently a good percentage of women have them, but the yjust spontaneously pop and resolve themselves. They get a bit more concerned about cysts in more mature ladies - around menopause age, because sometimes they don't burst and resolve, and also they can turn a bit a bit tricky at that time of life.

Have you had an ultrasound scan as yet? That would usually show up cysts in situ.

Please go back and see your Doc again. Dr Google is fantastic, but can also be unhelpful, if we start latching onto something. Stuff like vague, but acute pains could be due to a whole load of stuff.

My ultrasound is next week so I have a little while to wait which is frustrating as I’m in so much painI’m hoping that it shows something up! It could be cysts, I never really thought of that! Thank you

It is frustrating because I don’t think the doctor can do much else but I’m in so much pain and have barely any energy! As you can imagine the stress of it all is making my blood sugars shoot up aswell!