Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
From a gp's perspective you can see why they'd be reluctant to sign these forms.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Interesting the oppposing opinion from the private GP.
It's totally crazy here, you have to, by law, have in date (ie within 12 months) docs certificates for every single sport and some have to have specific wording so running races, including fun/charity runs needsa letter saying saying the person can run 'en competition', a certificate that covers a step class may not cover using weights in the gym. It applies to all ages, so for Sat morning football, and karate lessons or a session on the climbing wall you need a cert. I even had to have one to join the walking club, though they did accept my running one (don't tell them we 'doctored' the date on the computer.)
I know of one local fun run in August that has received some letters from interestingly named Aussie doctors written under the influence of a lot of local red :lol: . (don't try this for a major event, they're more proactive with checks)
I think it provides a nice little earner for the GPs in October when all the clubs go back. My own doctor insists I have a stress test every couple of years as a condition of signing mine.(that's 80€ to the cardiologist)