Hair experiment.

hornplayer

Having read around a bit, I find that I'm not the only one who's hair isn't as thick as it was!

There seem to be lots of theories as to what's happening, and I spotted a possible solution I'd not heard of before: Evening Primrose Oil.

I'll try anything once.

The recommended dose to improve hair is 4g a day. I have my massive bottle of capsules and I'm commited. Results are expected to take upwards of two months to start to show, so this isn't going to be a quick one guys. - At least, theoretically, the Evening Primrose oil might stop me turning into a mad cow once a month in the mean time!?

I'll report back........soooooooon.........

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
I lost a lot of hair after having a hysterectomy. I presume it was due to the menopause. EPO is good for hair and skin conditions.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I've read good reviews for Biotin, so I have started that.

N

NicolaB70

I too would be interested in your results with EPO as my hair has (and still is) falling out and is now very thin. Also the results of the other two products mentioned.

hornplayer

One month in. Nothing to report yet but not expecting to see any results until the two month mark has passed.

Having said that, my skin is good and I managed not to lose the plot this month. :)

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Be carefull taking large doses of evening primose, as it can cause epiletic type absenses in so people. A friend of my mum's was actually diagnosed as epiletic whilst taking the recommended dose but once her GP found out she was taking it and asked her to stop the absences vanished never to return, although she still had to wait 2 years "fit" free to get her driving licence back.

BarbaraMc

hornplayer said:
What's an absence?

It's a sort of Petit-mal seizure, just become vacant, unaware of surroundings and people, not responsive
Not shaking or loss of consciousness like Grand Mal Epilepsy, so in effect less dangerous, but still not suitable for driving.