hair falling out

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone, its chloe again. :p
my hair has started to fall out. i have spoken to the diabetes nurse and she said it was proberbly down to stress. has anyone elses hair fallen out? i am just a bit worried about it.
from chloe

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
are you recently diagnosed?

If you are then it's completely normal. Even if you dont feel emotionally stressed, your body can be stressed as an undiagnosed diabetic.
My hair falls out when im stressed now, only sinse diagnoses though.

It could also be the weather believe it or not! Like the leaves falling off the tree's your hair can fall off your head at this time of year... :mrgreen: not everyone but some people are affected by the weather.

OR... if you're anything like my other half, it could be completely normal anyway for you, her hair falls out alllll the time.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
try not to worry sweetheart,my hair has always fallen out ,the brush is full of hairs ,bath plug is same lol,i had tests yrs ago and everything is normal,some of us lose more hair than others,if it starts to be clumps or any bald patches appear then tell an adult although this is rare :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I know you have a wonderful Mum Chloe. Share your worries with her and then drag her out to the shops to buy you a fun hat.( that's if you've left her any money :p

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
I know you have a wonderful mum, Chloe. share your wories with her and then drag her down to the shops to buy you a fun hat, ( that's if you've left her any money :p ) the hairloss will settle down, but you might want to keep warm in the meantime

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone,
i have only been diagnosed for 5 weeks so it is proberbly down too stress. it isnt to bad at the moment, (hopefully it wont get worse!) thanks for alll your ideas! i have told my mum and she has contacted the diabetic nurse for me and she said to keep an eye on it but it was nothing too worry about.keep in touch!
from chloe :mrgreen:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Make sure you make your Mum a wonderful Christmas present! How about an IOU for doing all the BRussels Sprouts on Christmas morning?

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi,
my hair is getting worse. it is getting much thiner. my mum said that she was going to ring the doctor again, but she hasnt done it yet as we have only just got back from holiday yesturday. i think it might be stress but im not sure.
chloe

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Best let Mum take you to the doctor. Let's hope it's something simple that will go away soon.
did you get a hat?

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi,
i havent had my thyiroid checked yet. i think its just down to stress. im pretty sure.
chloe

ceejay2005

Many things can cause hair loss. For example, about 3 or 4 months after an illness or a major surgery, you may suddenly lose a large amount of hair. This hair loss is related to the stress of the illness and is temporary.

Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treatment thyroid disease. Hair loss may occur if male or female hormones, known as androgens and estrogens, are out of balance. Correcting the hormone imbalance may stop your hair loss.

Some medicines can cause hair loss. This type of hair loss improves when you stop taking the medicine. Medicines that can cause hair loss include blood thinners (also called anticoagulants), medicines used for gout, medicines used in chemotherapy to treat cancer, vitamin A (if too much is taken), birth control pills and antidepressants.

Certain infections can cause hair loss. Fungal infections of the scalp can cause hair loss in children. The infection is easily treated with antifungal medicines.

Finally, hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. Since hair loss may be an early sign of a disease, it is important to find the cause so that it can be treated.

Depending on your type of hair loss, treatments are available. If a medicine is causing your hair loss, your doctor may be able to prescribe a different medicine. Recognizing and treating an infection may help stop the hair loss. Correcting a hormone imbalance may prevent further hair loss. Also, early hair loss can be hereditary.

So before you find a hair loss remedy, you should find out what the cause of your hair loss is first.

(commercial advertising removed by moderator)