Hairy Bikers Diet Club success stories

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
That's interesting, I'm no expert but 200 ml seems like a lot, almost cup of tea size. Do I get any browny points?

Reactions: mahola

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
whoa! I am amazed that no one proof read that!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
whoa! I am amazed that no one proof read that!
Forgive me if I'm out of touch with insulin, but a standard 100iu pen only holds 3ml so that 200ml would be approx 66 pens:nailbiting: that's beyond a mahoosive daily dose! even 200iu would probably be pretty high1

WRT proofreading, they probably don't have anyone so up on insulin dosing as us here!

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Some very interesting recipes, but you'd have to do some work to calculate carb content. Also although they say they use the calories in vs calories out, there's nowhere I could see where it mentioned calorie content. Several of the recipes are for 4 or 6 or 8 people with a lot for 2.
Whoops found the calories.
If you like to look at some recipes. https://www.hairybikersdietclub.com/recipes/ They'd need some serious vetting if trying to keep to low carb.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Ass of you, I won't for Me

Haha, the one I heard was "Ass of you and me".

I don't think the Hairy Bikers do low carb. As I mentioned you'd have to sit down and work it out from the recipes. I just thought some of the recipes might be useful, so long as they meet the low carb criteria. I think there's an element of me wanting a bit of a change.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha, the one I heard was "Ass of you and me".

I don't think the Hairy Bikers do low carb. As I mentioned you'd have to sit down and work it out from the recipes. I just thought some of the recipes might be useful, so long as they meet the low carb criteria. I think there's an element of me wanting a bit of a change.

Well they did a bit when they both lost a shedload of weight (can't recall the series name).. they replaced lasagne sheets with unfurled leek and other such things..can remember any others but the leek was the one that stuck with me so they definitely flirted with it without really pushing it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
It was called The Hairy Dieters. :). I've got the books and they aim to reduce carbs rather than low carb but its a bit variable, for instance in one lasagne recipe they use flattened out leek instead of pasta but in another salmon recipe they use real spaghetti. Some of the recipes are okay, some are lovely but most of them are a bit to carby for me nowadays.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That was the one.. it was on before I was diagnosed so didn't really take much notice of the carb content then.. if only I had known!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I tried that, it's not easy (for me it wasn't), very fiddly, might need some practice. I used quorn in the recipe as well.

My wife made the lasgna after watching The Hairy Dieters, it worked out well using the leeks and wasn't too fiddly from what I remember.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I make it either using thin strips of courgette or aubergine (or both).