Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.

Can you tell us why? you prefer Easter to Xmas .

Thanks Anna.

DaveNN

Oh... My post was heavily edited... Or certainly the thread title.

Anyway..I prefer Easter as its usually warmer, there's less build up, the pressure ( if you will) to spend loads is much less.
I'm more relaxed as we have no visitors....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Christmas to me is more a season to acknowledge death as a part of life. It's dark, it's winter, it's a winding down time, it's a time for hugging the fire, hibernating and falling asleep before the spring rebirth. It's definitely NOT a time when we should be running around town centres in a manic rush to gather as many Christmas presents as possible in the shortest time limit and then stressing ourselves out trying to feed the five thousand on Christmas Day.

To me it's a time for peace, quiet, conservation of energy, so that we can be ready for what Spring with all its newness again.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
GraceK said:
Christmas to me is more a season to acknowledge death as a part of life. It's dark, it's winter, it's a winding down time, it's a time for hugging the fire, hibernating and falling asleep before the spring rebirth. It's definitely NOT a time when we should be running around town centres in a manic rush to gather as many Christmas presents as possible in the shortest time limit and then stressing ourselves out trying to feed the five thousand on Christmas Day.

To me it's a time for peace, quiet, conservation of energy, so that we can be ready for what Spring with all its newness again.

Yep Grace and DaveNN.

This is how I feel Christmas time 'is' for myself - too pressurised having to race around getting stressed .
TV overly commercially driven at buy a sofa or holiday or a new kitchen !!!
In the middle of it all and just adds to it all, feel it all is a bit crazy :crazy:
Then as you say Grace we are all worn out - then we have to feed the 'masses' causing 'more ' stress .

Easter certainly is easier for me and my family .
[I just avoid the easter egg aisles :p ]
Seeing the new life and much lighter days/nights revitalises me also . :thumbup:
Am visting the garden centre tomorrow .

Anna.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
DaveNN said:
Much prefer Easter to Xmas...

I like Easter too, so..........Eastery :thumbup: Chicks, bunnies, daffodils and crocus plants, so pretty :D

Happy Easter to you all, what ever it means to you all.

RRB

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Moving-animated-bunny-juggling-easter-eggs.gif
Only 270 days until Crristmas

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Thank you for your "Happy Easter Time" post, DaveNN.

Putting aside the Christian celebration of both Easter and Christmas which, if I may be
so bold as to mention, I enjoy, except for one negative aspect, I find both
celebrations rather expensive.

You see, having 10 grandchildren, whom I love dearly, the financial burden of purchasing
10 gifts at Christmas, and 10 Easter Eggs at Easter from the Pound Shop here in the UK,
is really rather challenging.

Actually, now that I think about it, it may be prudent if I were to approach the Pound Shop
to determine if they operate a Christmas/Easter Club, thus offering me the opportunity
of spreading the annual cost. Providing I am not dilatory with my weekly/monthly advance
payments, I think perhaps it would be advantageous to participate in such a facility if they
do indeed offer it for the benefit their clients in these financial worrying times, wouldn't you agree?

With a Happy Easter Time to your good-self in return.

:D

Thank you again.
ww

( just a bit of light humour DaveNN) :thumbup:

DaveNN

Oh, I do get it.... But you could save 1% by procuring said Easter comestibles from the 99p shop.
To be straight, I am not at all religious ( as the mod who modded my thread title would be able to guess).., but there is something about this time of year that I just really like.
It may just be that it's the first bank holiday of the year ( taking New Year's Day, out of the equation).... Or the fact that prior to me becoming middle aged and quite solvent, that my credit card balance was more manageable since the usual Xmas splurge.. by Easter!

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WeeWillie said:
Thank you for your "Happy Easter Time" post, DaveNN.

Putting aside the Christian celebration of both Easter and Christmas which, if I may be
so bold as to mention, I enjoy, except for one negative aspect, I find both
celebrations rather expensive.

You see, having 10 grandchildren, whom I love dearly, the financial burden of purchasing
10 gifts at Christmas, and 10 Easter Eggs at Easter from the Pound Shop here in the UK,
is really rather challenging.

Actually, now that I think about it, it may be prudent if I were to approach the Pound Shop
to determine if they operate a Christmas/Easter Club, thus offering me the opportunity
of spreading the annual cost. Providing I am not dilatory with my weekly/monthly advance
payments, I think perhaps it would be advantageous to participate in such a facility if they
do indeed offer it for the benefit their clients in these financial worrying times, wouldn't you agree?

With a Happy Easter Time to your good-self in return.

:D

Thank you again.
ww

( just a bit of light humour DaveNN) :thumbup:

As Easter eggs are I'm the shops on boxing day you could buy one a week leafing up yo Easter:grin:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
DaveNN said:
Oh, I do get it.... But you could save 1% by procuring said Easter comestibles from the 99p shop.
To be straight, I am not at all religious ( as the mod who modded my thread title would be able to guess).., but there is something about this time of year that I just really like.
It may just be that it's the first bank holiday of the year ( taking New Year's Day, out of the equation).... Or the fact that prior to me becoming middle aged and quite solvent, that my credit card balance was more manageable since the usual Xmas splurge.. by Easter!

That's ok DaveNN, doesn't stop us being friendly.....
Providing, that is, I don't try to force "Hallelujah & Praise The Lord" down your throat. :lol:
Nah, ain't my style.

Anyway, I think you're correct, the first bank holiday after the long winter does tend to offer some
cheer in our lives. We all must surely feel the same.

Now about this 99p shop, I reckon I should change allegiance and go for it.
Ten grandchildren = 10p saving twice per annum is quite a saving, aaaand If I opened a new
high interest account depositing the the entire annual 2% saving......
Need I say more?

Uncommonly decent of you to share your wisdom dear chap. :D

All the best,
weewillie