1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Happy Post!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FranOnTheEdge, Mar 14, 2016.

1. FranOnTheEdge

FranOnTheEdge Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all!
    I'm feeling really happy this morning, actually got off my butt and made TEgg this morning. Managed it before Mum got up! Wayhay!!!

Had it with asparagus, baby courgettes, button mushrooms, a few julliened bits of carrot left over from a failed houmous, (wasted a perfectly lovely roasted red pepper, still peeved about that!) one halved baby corn, ditto, and 2 bits of 50/50 Kingsmill (I know that's wrong but I've got to eat the rest of the packet sometime - no one else will and we can't afford to waste food.)
    Feeling happy because I don't have to spend all day thinking about it now. Got an apointment with the Diabetes Nurse, and then I'm FREEEEE! I can actually do some art then. I am so happy....
    Got plans for some black gessoed things: a canvas and a small picture frame.
    (imagine an emoticon for "rubbing hands gleefully" inserted here).[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That plate of food looks lovely, so colourful. I hope you enjoyed it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FranOnTheEdge

Oh I did, the TEgg part is my favourite though.

And I bought some proscuito to wrap around asparagus for later.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've never tried asparagus, might be my year to give it a go :)

5. FranOnTheEdge

I Luuuurve asparagus. It grows in various odd spots around our garden. At about this time of year, I start to hunt for the spears as they burst upwards - I have to be quick before they grow all ferny. But even if I manage to capture lots of our own, it's never enough. The last couple of years my husband has promised me a raised asparagus bed, (I have problems bending much due to arthritis) but it hasn't materialised yet....maybe one day...

6. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

It looks lovely and yummy!

Think too about posting your creations in our "What have you eaten today?" thread, you might also be inspiration to more of us there too. :p

Robbity

7. FranOnTheEdge

Been there, done that, Robbity.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook