Hartleys 10 cal jelly

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just seen an article about sugar content and there's a picture of the 10 calorie jelly saying there's 6 teaspoons of sugar in a pot ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the nutritional info that I checked on my fitness pal is 2g of carbs, so from that....no....:)

gizzy48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you sure you were looking at the 10 cal jelly?

Just think about it: isn't a teaspoon of sugar about 14 calories? So that's about 84 calories of sugar in a 10 calorie jelly...? Magic. (Actually they are, they're great):)

Reactions: 2 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not all of their jellies are sugar free are they?
I know that strawberry ones are and the orange ones are but I'm not sure about the others.
I know my moms never brought them.

Indiana x

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i eat so much of the stuff, i no longer have blood, its pure jelly, when i eat i have to test the effect the food has on my jelly, i have 3 months jba1c tests and annual jelletinal eye tests

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 13 people

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Andy , you are so funny, factual with it too !!:)

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Are you sure you were looking at the 10 cal jelly?

Just think about it: isn't a teaspoon of sugar about 14 calories? So that's about 84 calories of sugar in a 10 calorie jelly...? Magic. (Actually they are, they're great):)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394381943.009211.jpg

This is the picture

A

AnnieC

Do they make a sugar free one in pots or is it only the packets of jelly powder that are sugar free

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Pots too! Well they do where I live.:)

K

Kat100

I have the sugar free ones and they are veggie as well, those are the ones in the little pots .....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
jelly33.jpg

is it weird to have a photo of this on my computer? lol..... i think so

Reactions: 5 people

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
For those of us who have been without Jam for a long time.......me :sour::grumpy::grumpy: There is a new thing you can do with your "sugar free" jelly crystals (not the pots). Take a packet of frozen fruits, empty into a saucepan and bring to the "almost boil", then add a packet of the jelly crystals and stir, simmer for between 15-20 minutes stirring every so often, (depends on how chunky you like your jam) then if its too thick add a little fruit juice, stir and turn out into a container with a lid. When cold put on the lid and put into fridge......JAM.. keeps for about 9 days in the fridge. :joyful:
Chris

Reactions: 2 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
What is the carb content of the pots of sugar free Jelly ? Also what is the carb content of the crystal packets. I want to order some but need to see the nutritional labels first.

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
What is the carb content of the pots of sugar free Jelly ? Also what is the carb content of the crystal packets. I want to order some but need to see the nutritional labels first.

The pot of Hartley's "no added sugar" jelly is 1g per 100g, there is 115g per pot
The Hartley's "sugar free" crystals vary per flavour. Blackcurrant is 15.4g per 100g there is 23g in pkt. (4g) Raspberry 17g/100g (4g) :)