Has anyone been diagnosed with GD in their first trimester??

Claralilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 11 weeks pregnant now, and got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 11 weeks ago, I was put in metformin which made me feel sick (little did I know I was pregnant!) since then life has been a roller coaster, another consultant wanted to test for type 1 as I didn't fit the type 2 bracket apparently, that came back negative, also been tested for mody diabetes which also came back negative so I'm thinking I have gestational diabetes but the doctors say this impossible as I'm only in 1st trimester... But I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

mdsremos

I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy at about 26 weeks onwards which disappeared at delivery. This time I started monitoring at 13+4 weeks and had to start insulin the next day as my levels were above the recommended levels straight away and were probably building for a few weeks previously.
I check my levels 7-8 times a day and inject insulin before every meal but my levels are still higher than needed so will check the new level when I see the nurse on 30th Dec.