Have I done enough to avoid medication?

danyparc

4 weeks ago I had a BG reading of 16 3hrs after eating a Sandwich at 2am.

I had a fasting blood test a few days later and the result was 14.

Since then I have been low carbing and on 1500cal/day. I've lost 8kgs.

My BG initially dropped to the range 9-13, varying widely.

Over the last 4 days, my BG has been between 6.1 & 8.6. Average 7.2.

Is this good enough?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds pretty good to me for your new results, although I would test 2 hours after a meal rather than 3. Have you been formally diagnosed yet? If so you will be given an HBa1C blood test which is a very good indicator of how you are doing. Keep up the good work!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
when i was diagnosed the hospital doctor said if you go above bg of 11 you are diabetic, he said if a non diabetic sat here and ate 5 sugar doughnuts they wouldnt go above 11,(to be fair i was in complete denial and was saying there must be some kind of mistake hehe i was mid 20`s) i have no idea what truth there is in that because he was JUST a doctor and i have more faith in my dogs medical skills than doctors, either way you are doing the right things diabetic or not :)

vicky_l

Hi danyparc

WOW WHAT RESULTS!!!

you should be so chuffed with yourself and remember baby steps become good huge big mountains and I think you are some way up the mountain

similar story here and my HbA1c came down which is ideal

keep going in time you could get results of a non diabetic

and woooohooo party time with maybe a huge meat stir fry :D
xoxox

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Thats a great reduction in a short time danyparc but numbers are personal things so dont get hung up on other peoples if you are happy with those figures then there fine for you. I personally would not like to see 8's in my readings at any time but as I said it is a personal thing and many people would be very happy with those numbers.

Why the reluctance to use medication though when it is an option that can help give you great control? Medication doesnt have to be forever as I have proved.