Have I got Gestational diabetes again?

coldali

Hi Im new here and look for a bit of advise I Had GD with my 1st to babies with my last it was so bad i end up in a coma for 9 days. Im now 18 weeks pregnant and feeling really ill same as last time. Ive been to hospital 3 time everytime found sugar in my urine and my blood been 8.2 after wait around for hours so i Hadnt eaten. I been to my doctors and found glocouse again, so sent mt for a fasting (not GTT) which i didnt eat for 15 hours before hand and it came back at 5.2. Ive now been told they wont do anything til i see a consultnt which I dunno when that will be.I started to test my self at home and my morning reading coming back at 8.2 before Ive eaten a thing.Am I going mad or am I right they starting to make me feel like it dont matter and it in my head any advise please thanks col x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
WE can't diagnose, but there's always a good chance that having had GD with one pregnancy, it will happen again. If they are not helping you and you are feeling really bad, I would advise you to keep pestering your maternity team unil they do something. In the meantime, watch the amount of sugar and starch you are eating.
Hana

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As Hana says, we cannot diagnose. Her advice is spot on though..... :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi col.

This is where YOU have to get pushy. Don't take no for an answer. Get that referral sorted by pestering them as to when will it be ? If it is taking too long tell them that and demand that you get sent to one who has less of a waiting list.

Being compliant is sometimes NOT an option. :twisted:

coldali

Thankyou.I made yet another appointment to see doctor tomorrow but got told it wont make any different going to go anyway. Non of my bloods today have been below 7 I cant see how they can say this ok to leave. Its nice to found this as I dont feel so alone everyone around me thinks im making a fuss about nothing so being able to read this is helping me feel little better thankyou x :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
coldali
you are NOT making a fuss about nothing.you are taking care of your baby and yourself.
We're behind you. If I'm near enough to you, I'll even come with you.
Hana

Dipsy

Did they sort you out at the appointment?

I'm really surprised you've had all this trouble. I had strict instructions to turn up to the diabetic pregnancy clinic the first week after a positive pregnancy test, having had it before.

princesss01

I had Gestational diabetes twice and was told that it would happen each time I got pregnant. It was worse with my second and had to use insulin a lot earlier and a lot more too, this I was told was normal too. I would get yourself to the doctors asap and get tested again as it comes on very quickly with pregnancy.