Have I had a Hypo ??

swine1

Hi.
Diag type 2 6 years ago on Metformin SR 500 3 a day and Actos 15mg.
Woke up early morning very restless could not get back over. I got up and felt confused and rather unwell not able to settle down, legs trembling feeling that I needed to walk, didn't know what was wrong with me and felt I couldn't explain if asked. I had had a couple of beers earlier in the evening and although I had eaten it was less than normal. I do not test my blood because the kit I have is out of date. I was frightened and rather disorientated. I was not sure what to do but had a coffee with two sugars and a couple of ginger biscuits, I began to feel better after about 20 mins and its not bothered me since. Have I had a Hypo ??.
Regards, Bernard.

louiseb

it sounds like a hypo to me the symptoms and the fact that you felt better after coffee and biscuits.
however the only way that you could have known for sure is to test.
you mention your test kit is out of date can you not get a prescription for some tets strips from your gp?
in the mean time before you get your test kit sorted out if this happens again treat it with fast acting carbohydrate like lucozade.
it might have been caused by the alchohol you drank as it can make your blood sugar levels drop.