Hay fever

leighrickards

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes unawareness
I have been a sufferer of hay fever for a number of years. Each year the symptoms have got worse, I have been prescribes nasal spray, eye drops and tablets to treat the symptoms which did help. All this until I was diagnosed T1 diabetic 9 Mar 13. Since starting my insulin regimes I hav (touch wood) not suffered with hay fever Has anyone else experienced this or know if this is a by product of insulin use?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been a sufferer of hay fever for a number of years. Each year the symptoms have got worse, I have been prescribes nasal spray, eye drops and tablets to treat the symptoms which did help. All this until I was diagnosed T1 diabetic 9 Mar 13. Since starting my insulin regimes I hav (touch wood) not suffered with hay fever Has anyone else experienced this or know if this is a by product of insulin use?

Not had any experience of insulin but have lots of allergies. So glad for you if yours are controlled. I don't know how old you are, but some people tend to stop having hay fever as they get older. Like diabetes, allergies are very complex, and hard to control. So fingers crossed, and touching wood, you will not have the awful symptoms in future.