Hba1c after lchf

clinton137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Just had my hba1c blood glucose after going onto lchf diet. Result was down to 39. Which is 6.5. My own testing worked out at 6.1 for Aug and 5.6 for Sept. Before changing my diet my BG was over 10.
I am really pleased with my results which have only been possible with the help and encouragement from this site, the journey has been hard to keep to the diet but the results speak for themselves.
The doctor is also really pleased. Thank you to all.

Reactions: 20 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi all
Just had my hba1c blood glucose after going onto lchf diet. Result was down to 39. Which is 6.5. My own testing worked out at 6.1 for Aug and 5.6 for Sept. Before changing my diet my BG was over 10.
I am really pleased with my results which have only been possible with the help and encouragement from this site, the journey has been hard to keep to the diet but the results speak for themselves.
Well done clinton137

Reactions: 2 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Well done thats a great result :D

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Well done you :) That's great news. I've recently been diagnosed but haven't seen the diabetic nurse yet. I have an appointment on 9 October to see her.

However, since the results of my first fasting blood test I've dramatically changed my diet and eating habits - no white bread, white rice, pasta, food high in carbs and cut sugary food obviously. Instead I'm eating lots of fish, chicken fillets and pork with lots of fresh veggies and salads. When I did my 2nd fasting blood test my FBG had come down within a 2wk period :happy:

I'm really inspired by this and hope I can achieve similar results when they check me again in 3 months. This site keeps me motivated and it's because of people just like you! :D

Reactions: 6 people

clinton137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you :) That's great news. I've recently been diagnosed but haven't seen the diabetic nurse yet. I have an appointment on 9 October to see her.

However, since the results of my first fasting blood test I've dramatically changed my diet and eating habits - no white bread, white rice, pasta, food high in carbs and cut sugary food obviously. Instead I'm eating lots of fish, chicken fillets and pork with lots of fresh veggies and salads. When I did my 2nd fasting blood test my FBG had come down within a 2wk period :happy:

I'm really inspired by this and hope I can achieve similar results when they check me again in 3 months. This site keeps me motivated and it's because of people just like you! :D

Hi tigerlily. Thanks for the kind words. You will achieve the same results I cut out the same foods on my diet as well, I must admit I am astounded at the results and so is my doc. All I can say is that I will b keeping it up and hope that you and others do the same. Just wish I had known about the lchf diet years earlier. I for one will be sticking to it for life. Even my cholesterol was perfect, along with blood pressure,,etc etc.good luck.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Spread the word LCHF works !
Great result

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Excellent news and well done.

Wraakian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Loud, bawdy people and over muscled macho men out to prove they're tougher than everyone else or with bad attitudes, mobile phones being used whilst driving, unfair VAT and tax.
Excellent .... we'll done .... my Hba1c is next week and having also been on a low carb high protein diet I'm looking forward to similar progress though I have had some stomach pains lately .... think it could be too much flaxseed and chia seed for breakfast ?

clinton137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once again a big thanks for all the nice comments and encouragement, I will be keeping the lchf diet for sure.