hba1c levels

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have been T2 for about 10 years ,I have had a blood test this week and I am due to go and see the diabetic nurse next week re the results, The receptionist said its 40 and said the doctor says its a normal reading. now I am sure she will explain what this means but I am so inpatient to know, please can any one tell me ? (I have been on the Newcastle regime since the end of October. Lost 2st 4lb.)not taken any medication sine the second day.

Reactions: 4 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
40 in the new measuring system is the top end of the normal range. If you were not diabetic and heading upwards, it would be bad but, as you are type 2 and heading downwards, it is a sign that you are returning to normal blood sugar levels. So, something is working. According to conventional wisdom, staying below 40 significantly reduces the prospect of developing complications. Keeping the blood glucose levels that low can only be a good thing. Long may it continue.

Reactions: 2 people

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
40 in the new measuring system is the top end of the normal range. If you were not diabetic and heading upwards, it would be bad but, as you are type 2 and heading downwards, it is a sign that you are returning to normal blood sugar levels. So, something is working. According to conventional wisdom, staying below 40 significantly reduces the prospect of developing complications. Keeping the blood glucose levels that low can only be a good thing. Long may it continue.

Thank you for your answer,to my question, plus all the other guidance you have given me and others in the last three months. Its been such a revelation I really do appreciate the help, debates, laughs at times, even with such a serious subject.:)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks christine, but really I am only reciprocating the help and advice that I got when I joined the forum. I remember my first ever shock. White bread was bad for you. I knew sugar was, and sweets and biscuits etc but a plain white loaf? We all have to learn.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent news on your Hba1c score. Sticking to the diet and losing the weight can't have been easy. You must feel vindicated now.

So happy for you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
It's about how much insulin is being carried around in your blood. The higher the value, the more likely you are to develop complications. You should be well happy.

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks to all on the forum, I may be half way there .I shall see what the diabetic nurse has to say.:singing:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That's a good figure, especially without meds.
What is your diet can I ask?

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Cambridge shake for breakfast,a salad with prawns or chicken or a carvery lunch out ,of beef and cabbage carrots and horseradish for lunch, another salad at tea time with a small portion of cheese or fish or another shake,1 Apple for a snack,if I can afford them some strawberrys instead, and another shake just before bed,I try to buy cheap shakes as well from avidite (past their best before dates) to save a bit on costs. I suppose it must look boring but it's not really I enjoy knowing ,I am doing the right thing for me ,at this time.I have spent the last 50 years being a food fool.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Well Done Christine a great result. Keep it up cos it's obviously working!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App