HBA1C reading

stuartclose

had my consultants appointment today, very pleased hba1c is 52 (what is that in the old system), he has told me he does not want to see me again unless things go wrong.

Insuman Combi25
2 x 2Metformin
1 simvastin
1losartan

hope you all enjoy your christmas

pauline

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Smartlady. I think you will find it's 6.9% (the 8.4 is a USA mmol value).

52 or 6.9 means you are still diabetic and need your annual checkup. If it stays at that level then that's reasonably OK. Just check your bloods from time to time to determine that it isn't going up. Good news overall, though.

iHs

stuartclose said:
had my consultants appointment today, very pleased hba1c is 52 (what is that in the old system), he has told me he does not want to see me again unless things go wrong.

Insuman Combi25
2 x 2Metformin
1 simvastin
1losartan

hope you all enjoy your christmas

pauline

Hi Pauline

Glad things are ok for you using Insuman Combi25.

Keep an eye on the carb in your food and test bg about 4 times a day just to make sure that the twice daily pre mixed insulin is ok for you.

Have a nice Xmas too

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
52 is 6.9% and is well above non-diabetic which is somewhere in the range 22 to 27. It's much lower than most Healthcare professionals realise.
Hana

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. I was 55 last year, and yesterday my readings for my HBa1C was 78. Got to get it under contrl now. Doc added Glitcide ?? to the medication.

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I apologize for getting conversion wrong everyone. I used main page calculator :oops:

Btw imintroublenow did doctor explain Glic can cause hypos & you have to test before driving? Only asking cos I was put on it without been told that.

Smartie xx