Hba1c results

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon,
My results came bach according to doctor my results of 40mmols/mol (20-40) is, ok and I do not have diabetes :). Though I would like to know why post meal goes high 9+ 10+ 11+ 13+17+....and I tested this morning as I felt dizzy and had a 9..well I guess he knows more than me.
Thank you for all your comments ..
Good Luck to all from a sunny but cold York.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
The important question here is the one @Daibell asks, it's not wild at all if you get these levels after certain foods and the level drops again fairly quickly. We all have different systems but it should be back down to where it was a couple of hours after eating. Personally, I would say 40 is (badly) named pre-diabetic..badly named as it can go down to this with work from being diabetic (how can that be "pre anything"?)...so I, purely personally, would consider my self still diabetic as surely eating a lot of rubbish will increase the levels again. The morning level is a bit high (but may have another basic biological explanation), but if the levels after food you mention are more than 2 hours after a meal..and I don't know what they are before it...then I'd go back to see the doctor. That said..it's not an emergency situation...unless numbers get above 20ish on any kind of regular basis...and your next HbA1c test will be interesting. I'd ask for one if you are worried, but - if these readings are normal a couple of hours after food...then fine.

Reactions: 2 people

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon,
My results came bach according to doctor my results of 40mmols/mol (20-40) is, ok and I do not have diabetes :). Though I would like to know why post meal goes high 9+ 10+ 11+ 13+17+....and I tested this morning as I felt dizzy and had a 9..well I guess he knows more than me.
Not necessarily. I think 2 hours post meal should be <8.5. (NICE) but I think that is still too high. Was the result fasting or random?

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Are those post-meal readings taken 2 hours after a meal?
Th hba1c was a fasting test, others were two hour post , the 17+and 13+ were readings I took when I felt weird and had to sit down .I have been sat drawing and had head ache dizzy and be read 9.2...oh I am confused now I thought the hba1c test was supposed to tell yes/ no and that was it.o_O