HbA1c up after a few rough months

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Just got lates HbA1c 41 [5.9%] that's up a little bit on last time. I was expecting worse, but I'm still below the magic6%.
I've had a few rough months which have affected my ability to exercise. Firstly around Christmas last year, I fell downstairs and banged myself up a bit. It took a couple of months for my ankle to heal up properly. the scars are quite dramatic!
then I developed a leg pain, which was initially diagnosed as Sciatica. that has now been revised to Meralgia Paraesthetica. Still a trapped nerve, but not the Sciatic and it's in the hip joint , not the back. I've been seeing an osteopath and it's LOTS better.
Then I was severely jolted on the bus and damaged some tendons in my shouder girdle.
I think my constant pain made me lose track of my Bgs for a bit. I should be back on track now. All my other routine blood tests are within the correct zones.
Gardening still hurts, but since it's tipping down with rain, I don't need to be out watering tonight.
Hana

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch! Still that was 3. Shouldn't be any more - touch wood ;)

Seriously though, pleased you are feeling better, and pleased that your idea of slipping up is obviously sooooo much more restrained than mine.

Pleased for you!