hba1c

kentishman

For some time, by the use of drugs and careful dieting ,the average of my bed time reading wes 5.8.
When they discontinued Avandia and not substituted anything in its place my average went up to 7.8. I went to see the Diabetic nurse who dismissed it with, 7.8 is fine for bedtime. Come back n April.
I do not believe 7.8 is fine.Am I a victim of'could not care less' or budget cuts?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
OK, so the reading at night is higher than you want. You can address that by what you eat earlier and keep it lower without relying on drugs.

More to the point what is your morning reading on waking up ?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Kentishman
T2 on diet only isn't likely to have a nighttime hypo, so you can safely eat much less carb in the evening.
Hana

kentishman

I;m afraid I didn't make myself clear.I'm not on diet alone, I take Glaglacide and metformin. I take a reading at night because I have had hypos in the past and I can top up if too low, The night reading has, in the past, been a good indication of my HBA1C.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
If you really want to try a substitute for Avandia (rosiglitazone) than you could ask your GP to trial you on Actos (pioglitazone) and see what happens. I was switched without any problems and you as the patient should also be given the option to try it.