Headache

Clairslloyd

Hope you can help but not sure (hospital and doc are useless). I have had a headache for over 3 weeks constant, scale varies from 5/10 to 10/10, am pretty sure its not a migraine as I take Sumatriptan. Could anyone tell me if it is diabetes related??? levels are fairly steady even though I have overindulged in choccy bikkies the last couple of days as have been really fed up. PLEASE HELP

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Headaches.......Diabetes related, sometimes yes......sometimes no.......BP related ?? Who knows.

My ex used to get Migraines and took Sumitriptan........she still got ordinary headaches ? She was stressed at work. She was fine at work but they came on when she got home ?

As there are a myriad of possible causes/conditions which may be the reason for your headaches it is important to get this checked out properly. If needs be get a referral if you are not confident in the GP or Hospital dealing with this. A constant headache is not good.

Here is the list........you will probably frighten yourself silly !!!

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/h/headache/causes.htm

jaykay

I've had a headache since going on a low carb diet which also gets worst if I don't drink enough water. Don't know if either of those apply to you!

Clairslloyd

Thanks for the link Ken, not working due to prolapsed disc but did have epidural about the same time as headaches. Jaykay strangely enough had dx of diabetes about the same time also as the headaches started. Maybe both causing it, will give it a while longer and then see my regular GP. Thank you both so much for your replies - nice to know that someone cares :)

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get headaches too if I don't drink quite a bit of water a day, I blamed the Metformin but it may just be the diabetes!!
Hope you get sorted soon.
Angie

Clairslloyd

Will try to drink more water - only prob is peeing alot more than normal :lol: and that says something tee hee. Thanks for all the replies :D