Headaches.

Robynberrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've started to get constant headaches, they are that bad that they've got to the point where they are knocking me sick. I work where I'm at a computer all day and I've also booked in to have an eye test. But can having diabetes be the problem as well???

Billy369

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only time I usually suffer from headaches is if my sugar levels are too high but its probably just the fact your on a computer all day lol x

D

Deleted member 83869

So I've started to get constant headaches, they are that bad that they've got to the point where they are knocking me sick. I work where I'm at a computer all day and I've also booked in to have an eye test. But can having diabetes be the problem as well???
What are your sugars like? At the moment i am getting headaches when i hypo and then shoot right back up to a high! But also the computer all day doesn't help i'm the same and I now have to wear glasses! I wouldn't stress about it, although stress can contribute to headaches too! Xx

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Headaches are weird because there are various types of headaches. Some come from strain or stress, others are related to illness and or pre-existing medical conditions. It largely depends on yourself. Personally I believe in your case it is the cause of frequent use of the computer. I too use the computer a lot for both work and hobbies, and if I don't take a break, it can end up doing me beans in. So, best idea for you is to limit your exposure not only computers but TV and phone, etc. Not only is the display disruptive due to the lighting. It can lead to problems with eyesight, such as short sighted-ness. So take breaks. Also turn down the brightness of the screen, a lot of people have their screen glare out at them when it's simply not required.

In short: Eye strain, take breaks. Eat kitkats.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I totally agree with what @jakejayeden has said.

If you're working at a computer you should be getting regular breaks to give your eyes a rest, and you should have been taught how to set up your workstation and chair to avoid any problems. There are health and safety regulations covering this. Both eye strain and incorrect posture can cause headaches, and this would my first suggestion as to why you're suffering from them.

Robbity

Robynberrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only get two fifteen mins and a half hour lunch at work and then for 7 hours I'm sat at the computer :/

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
At your eye test you may find out that glasses will help. If it turns out that they don't help, you should probably see your doctor rather than assuming it's the computer use, just in case.

D

Deleted member 83869

At your eye test you may find out that glasses will help. If it turns out that they don't help, you should probably see your doctor rather than assuming it's the computer use, just in case.
That was the case with me aswell, got referred to neurology as well but that was only because my Mum suffered with Migraines and died from a stroke! x

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its more than likely your computer then i dont even get that think yourself lucky lol!
Nicola - if you don't you should be. If you're in the UK the regulations I referred to apply to everyone working at computers for long periods and you should be getting regular short breaks from the screen, (but carrying on with other tasks). If I remember correctly (it's 13 years since I retired ...) this should be every couple of hours. Do you have a health and safety person at work that you can speak to?

Robbity

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola - if you don't you should be. If you're in the UK the regulations I referred to apply to everyone working at computers for long periods and you should be getting regular short breaks from the screen, (but carrying on with other tasks). If I remember correctly (it's 13 years since I retired ...) this should be every couple of hours. Do you have a health and safety person at work that you can speak to?

Robbity
Oh I know I get up and walk about, and nope....don't get me started on this place!