Heading towards diabetes!

ceejayblue

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

My mum is 89 and insulin dependent, my sister is on tablets and my best friend is also insulin dependent, so you'd think I'd know how to avoid becoming diabetes. Yes, I do, but have I done much about it? Answer is no. My GP has been wonderful and keeps cajoling me to do something and I did lose 3 stone 3 years ago, although I put it all back on again.

Last week I had a blood test and my BS was 7.4 after a 12 hr fast, obviously on the high side. I've now got to go for another Glucose Tolerance Test and then back to my GP. Its all in my own hands to do something about not tipping myself over into diabetes.

I'm hoping that being on here will help me sort myself out (as well as support from my family and friends). I know what I need to do, just need to kick myself up the rear and put what I know into practice.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
ceejayblue said:
I know what I need to do, just need to kick myself up the rear and put what I know into practice.

Just to be on the safe side, FORGET WHAT YOU KNOW... Have a GOOD READ around this forum and see what people are doing to gain control of wayward blood sugar levels.

Pevention IS better than cure!

Good luck - hope you don't become one of us...