Health

Hey all I'm new to this so bare with me lol, I just wanted to name my illnesses, if anyone needs someone to chat to regarding these illnesses/disabilities I'll try to help out

Fibromyalgia diagnoses 14yrs ago

Endometriosis diagnosed 9 years ago

Panic attacks diagnosed 10 years ago

Heart palpitations diagnosed 6 years ago

Facial athromyagia diagnosed 4 years ago

Trigeminal neuralgia diagnosed 3 years ago

Hyutis hernia diagnosed this year

Inflamed pschoficos S.A.A

Suspected sleep apnea

Suspected 2nd time prolapsed bowel firstly had one 8 years ago

Depression and anxiety diagnosed 17 years ago

Suspected Costorchrondritis

Fatty liver disease diagnosed 4 years ago

Lumber pain bottom left side back had on top of fibro pain 5 years

Enlarged right side of heart diagnosed this year

TYPE 2 DIABETES JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WHICH IS FLARING EVERYTHING ELSE UP DUE TO IT GETTING ME UPSET

Reactions: marathonmona

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
First let me post a link to our useful info for newbies:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/
So sorry to hear of another diagnosis to add to your troubles that you have to cope with, I also notice from your profile that you wish to lose weight. I sympathise hugely, I was diagnosed with type 2 two and a half years ago and was morbidly obese with several other health conditions. I came to this forum hoping for help and I received heaps. I started a low carbohydrate diet initially to control my blood sugars but a happy side effect was easy weight loss. In addition to that my general health improved, my asthma is controlled on a maintenance inhaler, I can’t remember the last time I used my rescue inhaler, my arthritis has improved, my BP has come down to normal and my gastric reflux has disappeared. A low carb diet has an anti inflammatory effect so helps with a lot of medical conditions, I highly recommend it. In fact I have often said my Type 2 diagnosis has been a blessing in disguise.
Have a read of the introductory info and come back with any questions you have, we are a friendly bunch and there’ll always be help available for you :)

Reactions: Juicyj and ziggy_w

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also feel a lot better eating the diet which controls the type two - though I am a long time low carber, forced to eat a low fat high carb diet because it is 'healthy' - three years down the road and I feel three decades younger than at diagnosis.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey all I'm new to this so bare with me lol, I just wanted to name my illnesses, if anyone needs someone to chat to regarding these illnesses/disabilities I'll try to help out

Fibromyalgia diagnoses 14yrs ago

Endometriosis diagnosed 9 years ago

Panic attacks diagnosed 10 years ago

Heart palpitations diagnosed 6 years ago

Facial athromyagia diagnosed 4 years ago

Trigeminal neuralgia diagnosed 3 years ago

Hyutis hernia diagnosed this year

Inflamed pschoficos S.A.A

Suspected sleep apnea

Suspected 2nd time prolapsed bowel firstly had one 8 years ago

Depression and anxiety diagnosed 17 years ago

Suspected Costorchrondritis

Fatty liver disease diagnosed 4 years ago

Lumber pain bottom left side back had on top of fibro pain 5 years

Enlarged right side of heart diagnosed this year

TYPE 2 DIABETES JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WHICH IS FLARING EVERYTHING ELSE UP DUE TO IT GETTING ME UPSET

Hello, and welcome,

That's quite the list there! And yeah, I see how adding T2 into the mix would be upsetting and causing flares left and right. Like @Rachox said though, the T2 diagnosis can be a blessing in disguise, though that might be hard to believe from where you're standing right now... The hands down best way to treat it -personal opinion, mind you!- is through a low carb diet. And since carbs are inflammatory, cutting them out also helped my rheumatism (Sjögrens), I could cut down on my thyroid meds (Hashimoto's), the IBS has been practically non-existant, even the migraines improved up to a point. The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, which the endo said could not be fixed, is gone now. Only way to still dected it would be through an ultrasound, because all liverfunction has returned to normal. (I don't know how it was for you, but when my liver results came back, docs kept asking me about my rampant alcoholism! I drink TEA. Urgh.). My panicattacks aren't as bad as they were, as high bloodsugars make one extra anxious and depressed. (Honestly, I was a scared, livid dragon of a woman! I have a clinical depression and introverted borderline personality disorder. All of which is a lot better now that my bloodsugars are in the normal range!) https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ have a read there, it's my own quick-start-guide, with basically everything I wish someone'd told me in a nutshell when I was first diagnosed. There's a lot of information in there, but the only thing I want you to take away from there right at this moment is this: There's hope. There are ways to deal with this, and it might even improve your other conditions in the same go.

Anyway, again, welcome. Believe it or not, things are going to get better from here on in. Have faith. We've got you.
Jo