Helicobacter pylori Bacterial Infection Is Associated with Type 2 Diabetes, Not Type 1 Diabetes

Khaled1972

Hi all,

I found this Chinese medical study at American Library of Medicine talking about the role of H.Pylori bacteria's infection and association with Type 2 diabetes
me personally I'm probably having this bacteria (90% possibility) , i'm suffering since sometime of ulcerated gastritis and going to check more with my gastro-enterologist next moth, here's the study's link :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5572635/

and here's another American study says :
Helicobacter pylori Infection Is Associated With an Increased Rate of Diabetes: http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/35/3/520

Attachments

• 1122.jpg
    1122.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was H pylori to blame back in the day when I had a stomach ulcer - I needed to have a lot of antibiotics shortly after that when I developed tracheitis - next thing to pneumonia, and that, plus a rest from the very stressful job I was doing at the time seemed to have effected a cure.
Maybe it didn't....

Reactions: kitedoc

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Khaled1972

I’m just going to tag @Lamont D into the thread, since he may find it interesting. I believe his glucose dysregulation (which is reactive hypoglycaemia, not type 2 diabetes) may have been caused by H. Pylori

Reactions: kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you @Khaled1972, for this information.
I wonder whether successful treatment of H. Pylori infection is associated with improvement in control of one's diabetes.

Khaled1972

Hi all,

What is interesting that h.pylori has a big role in causing diabetes type 2, because h.pylori has the ability to increase insulin resistance inside body in the prediabetic stage, I don't know why scientists are ignoring such this matter specially that H.pylori affects more than 60% of world's population,really I'm asking this question because this **** bacteria affect all human body including Pancreas.
So please let everyone of you check up the availability of H.pylori because it's really **** dangerous

please check out this illustrating plan how H.Pylori could cause Type 2 Diabetes :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4000497/figure/F1/

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, Khaled,
I was diagnosed with Heliocobacter Pylori back in 2005 (ish), this was only diagnosed because of an endoscopy and a biopsy taken for lab tests.
The resultant bacterial infection and treatment of antibiotics lead to my insulin response becoming weak due to high levels of circulating insulin, insulin resistance and hyperinsulinaemia. My body was triggering too much insulin after carbs, because of the quick gastric dumping because of this weak initial insulin response.

The main reason for type two, I believe is because of insulin resistance due to a weak initial insulin response, the continuous glucose spikes, the high levels of circulating insulin due to insulin resistance and the misunderstanding of how insulin is a major factor in type two diabetes.

Wether they have the heliocobacter pylori infection, is up to debate, but I agree along with insulin tests instead of hba1c, a lot more at the prediabetic stage would not succumb to diabetes.

As with insulin tests, the cost to the NHS, would be a reason not to do these tests to test every patient to an endoscopy.

There are many endocrine conditions that are not well researched or because the diversity of each type or condition, the whole diabetes diagnosis and treatment should be treated individually, not as has become the norm from GP surgeries.

The more our doctors learn about non diabetic and diabetic endocrine conditions, the less they know.

And until, they realise, that what is considered a healthy diet, is definitely not healthy for these conditions.

I wish you success in your personal battle with your medical team.

Best wishes

Reactions: Khaled1972

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
ooer, well that's something, i had triple therapy for that when first diagnosed!