Hello everybody nice to meet you!

Yvette18

Type of diabetes
LADA
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on 11/07/2007. I have to say that up until the last few weeks I thought that they had made a mistake and I wasn't really diabetic, so I've been half hearted about by diet and exercise.
I think I finally realised that if I don't get to grips with it, I will be ill and die too soon.
So I've registered with this site to gain more information and support from everyone else on here.
Bye for now :D

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Welcome to the forum Yvette,

Glad you found us, you'll find tons of info here.

Feel free to ask anything you need to!

Yvette18

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi Stuboy, thanks. Why have you put a sad face on your HB1ac level? I had mine last tested in August 08 and mine was 6.8% then too, is that not too good?

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
ah. yeh, its NOT BAD.

But im just not happy with it i want it lower! I've had 6.0 in the past, and 6.8 was up from the last 6.5.

I never realised that would be misleading... ill take it off!!

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya yvette,
pleased to meet you, im sure you will find this place healthy :D

Doczoc

I know how you feel about thinking they'd made a mistake, I still cling on to that notion but don't say it out loud and the grip is loosening everyday. It's not so bad, I'm going to be more healthy as a diabetic than a non diabetic so it's a blessing in disguise really. No it is, it really is....isn't it? Help!

ChocFish

Welcome Yvette

I think that many of us here in this forum can identify with you when you say that you find it hard to believe that you are diabetic, I was in denial for several years before I got a grip on myself, and I am really pleased that you are now willing to face up to your situation before you develop any complications, well done there!

I agree with Doczoc, facing up to diabetes usually means eating much healthier and exercising more so we actually end up being a lot healthier than some non-diabetics, and that is not a bad thing at all, also diabetes is an illness that we can learn to control ourselves, so if I have to have an illness then I really think diabetes is the best bet out of the lot.

Read around in the forum and ask questions, share your experiences, your thoughts, happy moments and just everything, every post helps someone else out there, we are all in the same boat.

All the best

Karen x

999sugarbabe

Welcome Yvette,
You've done the right thing, joining us all in the same boat. Grab an oar and start rowing :!:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Sounds like you've found the forum at just the right time! Hope you get all the help and support you need :thumbup: