Hello!

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and just thought I'd briefly introduce myself. I am the mum of 2 girls with diabetes, both Type 1. The elder was diagnosed 5 years ago at age 8, the younger 4 years ago aged 2. There is no history of T1 in either of our families, and nobody can tell us why both our girls have developed diabetes. We've had a lot to learn over the last 5 years, and it hasn't always been fun :roll: , but we've managed. Both girls are on pumps now, which we have found to make life easier in some ways, though they are hard work at first.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting ...... :) .
diabetesmum

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum.There are a few mums on here with young children.I hope they will answer any questions you have.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Diabetesmum and welcome from me also. I think with 5 years experience of dealing with type 1 in very young children, and with insulin pumps as well - which are still quite rare - you are probably well placed to offer good advice to the mums who log on here with newly diagnosed little ones. That's if you don't mind doing that of course.

adele

Hello,
I was diagnosed when i was 13 and my brother was diagnosed three years later also aged 13 (weird huh) There is also no history in our family.

donnamum

Welcome,

I'm sure in time I will have lots of questions to ask :?: . My daughter was diagnosed three months ago age 9. It seems like years ago as I have found things really difficult :cry: .I spend most of my time back and for the school. Although my daughter has taken to everything really well, which is the main thing. :D

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Dennis, Adele and Donnamum,

I will be happy to help wherever I can and share experiences etc. Always on the understanding that I am not a medical person at all, just a mum with 2 diabetic daughters :) !!
Sue