Hello

Horstroff

Hello all,
I've been reading this site for some weeks now and thought it was time I joined in.
I've been type 2 diabetic for 15 years now and until recently have had good control when I was told that my results were bad and unless I sorted myself out would need to go on insulin.
In the past few weeks I've cut out all potatoes,bread,pasta,rice and cereals and have seen a huge improvement and have got all my advice from this site so thanks to you all.
I do find that I'm getting fed up with a cooked breakfast every morning but can't seem to find anything else that works. Any ideas ?? also will a low carb diet have any detrimental effect on my health ?

Peter.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Peter.
Welcome.

Here is a link to a low carb recipe site, lots of tasty, simple ideas for all meals.

http://www.lowcarb-recipes.net/

Detrimental to your Health. Not at all.

enjoy

Ken :D

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

I see that Ken has pointed you to some ideas, but an alternative that I quite like is a simple continental breakfast of hard boiled egg, slice of ham, piece of brie, and a single slice of WeightWatchers or Nimble bread (around half the carbs of a slice of "normal" bread). If you boil up a few eggs they will keep for several days in the fridge. That breakfast has enough carbs to keep me going plus enough protein and fat to prevent me from feeling hungry until lunchtime.

A low or reduced carb diet will do you no harm whatsoever - most people in the western world eat far too many carbs. Some experts say that we now eat around double the carbs that were eaten in the 1950s and 60s (when both obesity and diabetes were rare).