Help a young'un!

Sammeh5678

I am 20 and have always had a sweet tooth. Since having diabetes I have dramatically lowered my amount of sugar intake, most of which was chocolate. Can anyone recommend any chocolatey treats that we can enjoy ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
high percentage chocolate content and less of it.

However, you could regard chocolate as a replacement for food and not in addition to food. It all gets converted to sugar. So, give up flour and eat sugar ............occasionally.

WhitbyJet

Make your own low carb chocolate treats, this way they last longer, and they wont spike your blood sugar.

Look through the low carb recipes in this forum for some divine chocolate muffins and mousse recipes and also here >>http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23840&p=217373&hilit=choolate+paradise#p217373

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, i agree with making your own :) but against popular opinion i also eat the occasional atkins chocolate decadence bar available from most supermarkets, im sure there full of nasty things but they keep me sane and are low carb ,ive heard they give some folks the sqirts though so youd have to test hehe ,good luck