Help about breakfast

maddiemo

I have a problem on what to eat for breakfast. I'm wheat and gluten intolerant, also I'm sick to death of eggs and bacon so I don't eat anything until lunch time. The only proper meal I have is diner. I wasn't feeling very well at all to day I'm sure it's because I'm not eating enough.
Anyone got any ideas what I can eat for breakfast.
Can I eat tin fruit in nateral juice if yes what is the best one??

DaveNN

maddiemo said:
I have a problem on what to eat for breakfast. I'm wheat and gluten intolerant, also I'm sick to death of eggs and bacon so I don't eat anything until lunch time. The only proper meal I have is diner. I wasn't feeling very well at all to day I'm sure it's because I'm not eating enough.
Anyone got any ideas what I can eat for breakfast.
Can I eat tin fruit in nateral juice if yes what is the best one??

Kippers,nuts, meats, cheeses, black pudding, strawberries,omelette....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

GrumpyOlGit

Hello Madiemo, Hmmmmmm :think: I had that problem whe, wrongly, I decided I would get my blood sugars under control by eating only when I was hungry... made me ill (cold and shaky). Doc said I had to eat, especially breakfast. I went back to my Scottish childhood and started eating oatmeal again, love it. I have 6 Disert spoons of Oatmeal (Sainsbury's insist on labelling it Scottish Oatmeal - £1 for 500g), not allowed salt now so stir in one level desert spoon of Canderel or Splenda, cover it with water and microwave it on full for 1+1/2 minutes. If it get too thick I stir in some plain yoghurt. Favourite breakfast but you might have to watch out for the added Wheatgerm. Good Luck :think:

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Hi,

I'm coeliac so I tend to have gluten free porridge in the mornings. Occasionally i'll have toast or an egg on toast. I don't mind the porridge though, once I put a bit of sweetner on it fills me up for the day.

VickiT11979

I like natural yoghurt with Splenda & blueberries added, or I've got a bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer I can throw in instead.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just eat a banana. If I skip breakfast my BG rockets into the teens.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't eat wheat, so make my own low carb museli bars. I start off with a packet of wheat free granola, add lots of ground almonds and chopped nuts, some dried fruit and some cinnamon. I then melt 4oz of butter, mash two bananas and mix this together, add the granola mix until the mixture is stiff and cook like flapjack. When cool cut into 50g squares. I can't tell you the exact carb content of this, but find them filling and they don't spike me.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I make my own almond flour bread and have it toasted with mackerel or sardines on.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Alpro soya yoghurt.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I eat Cheddar cheese and salami for breakfast everyday.