Lordy100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many things
Hi,

I'm Type 1 and have been for the last 25 years. I am currently suffering from a kidney infection, I've got antibiotics but still feeling pretty awful. I started off taking Trimethoprim but they made me sick so was changed to Co-amoxiclav which although better are still making me feel nauseous. I've had two slices of bread over the last two days. Blood sugar is high, testing regularly, and so keep taking insulin. I can't remember the last time I was ill, its got to be 20 years since I was sick and so I'm struggling with what I should be doing. I feel pretty awful so the thought of food at the moment is not very appealing! I am drinking loads of water to help . Anyone got any suggestions.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Don't worry antibiotics take 24 to 48 hours to get completley in your bloodstream that is when you will start to feel better. I had a kidney infection but i ended up in hospital cos i thought it was just a virus and left it a few days so ended up dehydrated and keytones. You are doing the right thing by drinking plenty that flushes everyhing through, but you should try and eat as this can cause keytones even if it just toast or pasta you may find by eating you may feel abit better because it will give you some energy.

Good luck and get well soon

tracey167

Lordy100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many things
Thanks Tracey,

I think the antibiotics have now kicked in. I actually fancied something to eat last night, nothing very big tho'. Had breakfast this morning and so far everything seems to be OK. So I'll just keep drinking lots, testing etc etc.

Thanks