Help Blood Sugar Readings High

CanderelKaren

Hi all,

Need some urgent advice. Have been a diet controlled diabetic for a year now with HbA1C OF 7.1 and readings mostly below 9 as of last October and not due to see the consultant again 'til April. Have been under a lot of stress just lately because my mother is terminally ill and I've not been taking the diabetes thing so seriously and have not done many BS checks recently. This week I have not been feeling so great my mothers condition is worsening and I am under a lot of stress. My chest feels tight and I can feel my heart pounding and my head doesn't feel right either. I feel very shaky too and not quite with it, thirsty and peeing more than usual. Took my BS a couple of days ago and it was 10, this morning at 6am it was 10 and have just taken it again and it was 19.2. This is the highest it has ever been and I am worried. Any suggestions or advice very welcome please. What should I do?

Thanks Karen

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It must be truly difficult for you at this time. Stress can play havoc with your blood glucose levels. It is also very possible that your high BG levels may play a part in the symptoms you are experiencing.

I have no experience with this type of stress, and my stress busting techniques are limited to beating 10 tons of doo-doo out of a stress doll and separating myself from the situation, neither of which sound entirely appropriate for you at this moment.

Is there someone who can take over your care duties just for a short while, while you take some time out for yourself? At the very least I would imagine you need some time to relax (at least for a while).

Regards, Tubs.