Help for an NHS whistleblower

Katharine

Margaret Haywood is a 58 year old nurse who has been struck off the nursing register. The RCN are supporting her appeal and wish to see how much the public support her actions.

Margaret worked as a bank nurse and nursed in several wards for the elderly. She noticed that there was not enough staff to ensure that the patients were adequately fed, cleaned and medicated. When she complained to her bosses nothing was done. She secretly photographed the conditions and kept a diary of what went on. This was the result of a Panorama programme.

If you would like to support this lady please consider signing the RCN petition. It is at:

http://rcn.org.uk

Thank you,

Katharine.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Katharine

I clicked on the link but it said that there was no site matching that - any other suggestions?

Jude :?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I couldn't get the link to work, so I googled "RCN petition" and found it and signed

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Graham64 - got there on your link, signed petition. Jude :)

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
No problem Jude, forgot to mention I have also signed the petition.

Regrds Graham

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Signed - with pleasure.

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
I have signed, this lady deserves a medal ! :roll:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
As a matter of interest ,I have not see anything about this,was she struck off for the whistleblowing or a breach of confidentiality because of the pictures?

Aadrgon

The official reason was breach of confidentiality although all the patients filmed gave their consent for the images to be shown.