Help me please?

keri

Something happened to me(family) 10 months ago and ever since then I have been suffering from mild depression, but I have lost control of my diabetes, completely lost by bloods are always high and no matter how much I try to make them better they only get worse! I feel like hospital is the only place that can maybe get me back on track but my mum won't believe me what should I do?x

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi ,
i would visit your gp as there is help out there for depression, you need to start afresh with your diabetes maybe your ratio has changed,just remember you arent alone

Reactions: 3 people

keri

Thank you for the help:3 I have already been but I just don't like to show my emotions to strangers but thankyou x

keri

Oh I never thought of that, or knew you could do that, I might do it thankyou for the suggestion x

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Many surgeries offer telephone consultations now so that's good advice as it's often easier to talk freely that way. As for your diabetes, back to basics. Start a BG diary and record everything for a week or so. BG levels, carbs eaten, any exercise and meds taken. You can then either talk over results with your DSN or post some results here for advice. Good luck, Mo

Reactions: 5 people

keri

Many surgeries offer telephone consultations now so that's good advice as it's often easier to talk freely that way. As for your diabetes, back to basics. Start a BG diary and record everything for a week or so. BG levels, carbs eaten, any exercise and meds taken. You can then either talk over results with your DSN or post some results here for advice. Good luck, Mo
Thankyou very much this I quite useful to me, I will try to start doing it and see how it goes thankyou for the support x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hi Keri!
Are you able to see or speak to a female doc? Sometimes that helps. There are many ways to keep your bs under control. Looking at your avotar, would I be right in guessing type 1? I am t2 so cannot say how it is for t1 but some daily exercise , a food diary, testing before and 2 hours after meals might help. Who does the cooking? I do our evening meals and have started enjoying looking for new recipes and things we can try out. Good luck and take care!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Keri

Try to see a female gp if you can, they do listen more than the males.... ( sorry guys). That is a great suggestion.

You took a huge step posting here, we are here to try and help if we can. i hope you come back.

I don't know your age or type of diabetes but guess you may be a type 1 and under 30. I just wish to add that your health and diabetes is very important, and so are you. You can get back on track and you will.

You will get great support here. About anything...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

keri

Thankful to the last two replies, they have been very useful! I will try to book an appointment with a female doctor if I can bring myself to it. I have type one and I am 14 have had diabetes for 8 years:( thankyou very much this has helped x I'm seeing my nurse soon so I may tell her then I'm not sure yet but thankyou x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hey Keri

Got age totally wrong, but asviceis the same. As a teenager you will have a lot of changes occuring in yourlife from school to hormones etc... Even as an oldie here, I do temember those days...and I have always been an agony sunt somehow forchildrento ask about things as the facts of life...

I know for sure though that expressing your worries isimportant, and you can get great help here. Let us know how you are and if we can help...x

keri

Hey Keri

Got age totally wrong, but asviceis the same. As a teenager you will have a lot of changes occuring in yourlife from school to hormones etc... Even as an oldie here, I do temember those days...and I have always been an agony sunt somehow forchildrento ask about things as the facts of life...

I know for sure though that expressing your worries isimportant, and you can get great help here. Let us know how you are and if we can help...x

Thankyou very much this has really helped:3 I will try my best to get back on track as I know the affects it has later on in life etc, so thankyou very much it's much appreciated x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mild depression for a teenagercanbe difficult Keri... Have you got a good friend to talk to? It helps to talk sometimes.

I took friends boys out this week at 10 yearsold and ended up telling them the facts of life on our day out. Previously had two girls of friends ask me. Just trying to say that an older female whether it a gp or nurse can still be talked to. We have lived and don't mind listening.

And by the way, I think all type 1's have times that are difficult to control our bloods... Or even give a **** about them... So don't worry about that too much...x

keri

Mild depression for a teenagercanbe difficult Keri... Have you got a good friend to talk to? It helps to talk sometimes.

I took friends boys out this week at 10 yearsold and ended up telling them the facts of life on our day out. Previously had two girls of friends ask me. Just trying to say that an older female whether it a gp or nurse can still be talked to. We have lived and don't mind listening.

And by the way, I think all type 1's have times that are difficult to control our bloods... Or even give a **** about them... So don't worry about that too much...x

Thankyou I do have good friends I could talk to but I don't feel safe telling people nor can I do it easily face to face. I guess I will have to try it if I want help x thankyou for the advice on everything you have said you have made me realise how important it is to talk thankyou x I will keep you posted x

keri

Thank you, just managed to tell my mum everything, the depression, everything so thankyou very much x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good for you Keri. Thats a good step to take.
It'll take a time for your mum to realise how she can help you and friends will be the same too. We dont always get it right either!!!
You'll need to be able to tell people when you want time to yourself, or you would like to talk. Be open and honest to people that care about you.
You have a place here to chat away too, you're not alone.
Good for you Keri, proud of you.