Help needed

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Hello I'm a bit confused is it 30g of carbs that you're supposed be eating per day for a low carb diet ? I have a lot of weight to loose at 5 foot 8.5 and 18 stone 10 I have at least four stone to shift.

For instance this morning for breakfast I had porridge with mostly water and a bit of skimmed milk on top and a cup or tea - I think its around 25g of carbs.

Lunch I'm having mushroom and pepper soup with a little low fat creme fresh that I made. ( I think its between 15 - 20 g of carbs

Tea - I'm going to do chicken with carrotts and a small amount of garlic and cous cous - I think it will be around 30 - 45 carbs.

ditzeeblonde

Its entirely down to you really...

I'm not going over 30g per day & that suits me. Have lost 30lbs so far this year in weight & Bg's have gone down from 18.4 to 5.4 so it seems to suit me perfectly but I know there are others on here who do just as well on 100-120gs carbs per day.

I think its pretty much trial & error as to what suits you eating-wise.

Sorry not much help. x

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Hi there my blood levels seem pretty much okay usually around the 6.1 mark after meals so I'm predominantly looking to kick start my weight loss again as its stalled now for about 3 months.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Janie :D

If it is weight loss that you are after it would probably help to kick out the porridge and the couscous from your menu then! Cut out all the starchy carbs and you will be well on your way.

There is no set amount of carbs that you should eat as we are all different and have differing goals and needs. You also need to keep an eye on what your bg levels are since you won’t want to go too low.

If you haven’t yet invested in a Carb Counter book I would recommend you get one as it will help you enormously.