Help needed

bevth

Im fairly new to all this but i am t2 with insulin use now ive just checked my bloods and there only 3.9 so the help needed is do i have the norm injection before my dinner or do i just have dinner as its so low doesnt the insulin injection lower my blood level im very confused and my local diabetes clinic is **** with info and help.Oh im also 16 weeks pregnant

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi Bevth, 3.9 is quite low so you have a couple of options really depending on your current regime. Do you take set amounts of insulin ? Or do you carb count and adjust as required ? If you take set amounts, you could have an additional snack such as a slice of bread with your meal. If you count carbs, just take adjust accordingly depending on your ration. I would, for instance, take 1 unit less than normal. Also, test before bed to make sure you're within target range. Good luck !
Mo

bevth

hi thanks i have a set amount every day ive took my insulin and had a extra slice of read with my tea i just need to see what its on now thanks for your reply