Help please converting mmol into

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Hi all, just panicky because just got Hb1c results and it read 67 mmol with (17) in brackets! Does this mean that my sugar result is 17 which is really really high? I have been really whacked out, exhausted really, and the GP said that it was probably down to my diabetes?
My test results have been really good over the past 3 weeks since changing diet to low carbing, so not sure what is going on.
Can you help me understand these results?
Thanks G.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
67 converted gives you an Hba1c of 8.3% Geri.

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Thankyou so much for quick reply - 8.3 % is my usual result, especially when yo yoing from hypos to highs . However, it might become lower now with recent test results being in the fives and sixes. Thanks again noblehead.

katto

There is a helpful app (novo
Nordisk hba1c converter) that converts it for you...well that's of you have an iPhone or apple gadget of some sorts!!

Kat xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AMBrennan

For the record, I have no idea what that "(17)" might be referring to.

A simple rule valid for common integers is the "minus 2, minus 2" trick: Starting with old (%) integer values, subtract 2 for the first digit and then subtract 2 again for the 2nd digit. E.g. 7% is (7-2)(7-2-2)=53, 6% is 42, etc. You can interpolate for non-integers - e.g. 6.5% is halfway between 6% and 7% so that would be about 47